The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 19, 2024, 06:12:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to bounce?  (Read 10378 times)
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »

Until now, I have not taken good missions that needed to or made stuff that required. Then, now I want to do it, but bouncing on a server is not so obvious for me.

Look and warn me if I do something wrong. For instance, I'll bounce 1 one server only, just to get it easier.

I pick up some server to bounce, put the IP then click "Bounce". Then, I put the target IP and click on "Connect". That I noticed it's wrong. But I think it shouldn't. Usability concepts,  16

Do I have to click on "Bounce" again? And to manipulate the logs where I passed, how do I do? Because when I bounce the server it make the proxy log and I'm redirected to the next one. Do I have do delete then after making my things out?

Thanks!

PS: if any English errors, please forgive me. It's not my main language.  1

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

When you are clicking connect you are disconnecting and connects to the new IP. You have to press bounce instead of connect.

About the logs Im to tired to write about it.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 12:31:43 PM »

first of all, you have to have admin access to all the servers you bounce through, and once you bounce to a place you can delete the proxy logs, but you will also want to delete the log that says you logged in as an admin from your last server. then click connect, put in the next ip and click bounce. hmm, so id do remember how to bounce, it's realy been a while since i bounced, so if anyone see's any mistakes i made correct away.

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »

first of all, you have to have admin access to all the servers you bounce through, and once you bounce to a place you can delete the proxy logs, but you will also want to delete the log that says you logged in as an admin from your last server. then click connect, put in the next ip and click bounce. hmm, so id do remember how to bounce, it's realy been a while since i bounced, so if anyone see's any mistakes i made correct away.

I'll need to clear the logs from the first bounced server, won't I?

Hmmm, wait, I think I got it. Let me try.

Edit: yeah, I really got it. Thanks!  13
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:40:02 PM by PauloHaddad » Logged

please

Thx!  13
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:26:19 PM »

There are 2 styles I use to bounce depending on what Im doing-
  1) bounce to first target,clear logs,then string the bounces to the target,clear logs
  2) bounce to first target,clear logs,make target second to last bounce,bounce back to first target,clear logs(creating a "loop" effect,but I wouldnt suggest this for higher missions,as the likelihood of getting traced is slightly higher. Loops can confuse some people,but if their Undeleter is better than yours they have you from the last bounce)

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »

Ok direct connect is direct connect, bounce is bounce connect. There is no relation between the two.

When you start to bounce, just hit BOUNCE not direct connect ok?

So there are two different ways to connect, one is CONNECT the other is BOUNCE. You don't start a bounce with a direct connect.

When you start a bounce while direct connected you will be DISCONNECTED first and then start the bounce node.

So start the bounce with the BOUNCE link in IP Database while being disconnected. This will initiate the bounce.

To clear your logs, bounce a few times, delete the two log entries on the server you bounced into, and make a loop coming back to a server you already bounced and bounce again and clear the log you made on the previous node to break the link...

I know it's a little hard to understand, I'll see what I can do maybe improve it a bit in the future...

PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »

Ok direct connect is direct connect, bounce is bounce connect. There is no relation between the two.

When you start to bounce, just hit BOUNCE not direct connect ok?

So there are two different ways to connect, one is CONNECT the other is BOUNCE. You don't start a bounce with a direct connect.

When you start a bounce while direct connected you will be DISCONNECTED first and then start the bounce node.

So start the bounce with the BOUNCE link in IP Database while being disconnected. This will initiate the bounce.

To clear your logs, bounce a few times, delete the two log entries on the server you bounced into, and make a loop coming back to a server you already bounced and bounce again and clear the log you made on the previous node to break the link...

I know it's a little hard to understand, I'll see what I can do maybe improve it a bit in the future...

LOL, you can make it by drawing!  1

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to understand that later!  13

please

Thx!  13
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »

the the way of noss!!!!!! it has a few tips, but more for beginners....... though some of it continues to apply! even to em and my friends who are heavies (in the rankings)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:52 PM »

the reason it would be nice is when you are cracking something and than you realize that there is nothing there, than you can bounce from there to other places...

PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »

the reason it would be nice is when you are cracking something and than you realize that there is nothing there, than you can bounce from there to other places...

Like go back one bounce node and get to another server?

If you didn't mean that, at least it's a good idea.   14

please

Thx!  13
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: