The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:58:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mission Power Limit Suggestion  (Read 3010 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »

Alrighty, I think something that would really benefit people is to show missions based on the player's power level.  All the same missions out right now still exist, but some missions that are really low payout would not show up in bulletin boards for players with a power level higher than a certain threshold.  This means that higher level players with bigger servers and better software wouldn't be able to just steal all the low paying missions from the newer players who need them to get a leg up.  Besides, you want to free up your bigger resources (players) and remove the tedious little jobs so they can do the bigger more important jobs you want them to do (looking at it from the perspective of the corps/truelight)

You could have all missions show up for low power players so if they get lucky they can still score one of the big missions for a bunch of money, but then as you get higher up the smaller missions start to disappear and you have to tackle bigger stuff to advance. 

This could also be incorporated when factions are introduced, include some sort of rank with your particular faction which determines what kind of jobs you would get from them (upper and lower limits in this case, they aren't going to trust a big job to one of their new, untested employees, they would reserve them for their elites and give the grunt work to the lower ranking people, and they don't want to flood their elites with the grunt work)

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »

Not a bad idea imho. But before that there is still a problem that some missions take much more time then the server reset is performed. I think this is very nice idea, especially to give more chances to lower ranking players and then when the fractions will be implemented - but if I only see jobs, that will take me 200h to complete while server resets every 160h (approx), then I won't do much of those jobs, right? 1
There are not many high ranking players doing low paying jobs right now - it takes too much AP to complete those jobs for any effect 1

lpJ.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:11:21 PM »

not many high ranking players doing any missions right now....  PERIOD.....

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:27 AM »

Yeah but that's because farms are still a nearly failsafe income solution.  Next round this will not be the same with emi's new destabilization (I think that's what it was called) missions on players virii which could leave your entire farm out in the open at any given time.  I think next round missions will probably end up playing a much bigger role, and they always play a really big role at the start of the round.

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:23:40 AM »

100% agree.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: