The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 10:52:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: FACTIONS Project update for April 24, 5 PM EST  (Read 25953 times)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »

nice update.
netray92

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »

I really believe this rule should change.

Game updates.

The Hacker Project reserves the right to change any aspect of the game without prior warning. If you do not agree with the rules, please close this window and do not enter the game!
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »

Game updates.

The Hacker Project reserves the right to change any aspect of the game without prior warning. If you do not agree with the rules, please close this window and do not enter the game!

to what ?

seems fine as it is - if there is a exploit i would like it fixed asap without any warning.
i assume you mean the way this update was rolled out
3 month warning it was coming
2 month discussion on what it should contain
1 month warning of its features
2 days warning it was nearly ready
12 hours warning on the exact time it was being implemented.
10 minutes warning - that it would happen and that emi would be avail in IRC to talk about any changes that were not understood.

exactly where do you think this process failed ?
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »

I'm in True Light faction and I still get some faction missions against unlisted True Light servers ... Is that normal?
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »

Game updates.

to what ?

seems fine as it is - if there is a exploit i would like it fixed asap without any warning.
10 minutes warning - that it would happen and that emi would be avail in IRC to talk about any changes that were not understood.

Was that a serious question?

Im afraid you failed at point #2 ("2 month discussion on what it should contain")

I would not call, being told what features were going to be implemented, then nearly all input from players regarding them ignored, a discussion, second time it has happened too.

No one has any problem with the updates, thats what it is all about as a developer, but i do not see how disturbing players' games just to get them implemented early is going to satisfy anyone, our only dispute here is the fact that this should have been kept for round 3, and you cannot simply excuse that by saying "it will allow for ironing out bugs etc". And don't even get me started on the virii issue 13

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »

DamascuS, you forgot that Emi believed it is time for round 3 and he also believed that by implementing this update, round 2 will end faster - like we had a choice 1

You must understand that it is imperative that Revelation Day be started very soon, so we can focus on the new features and missions.

If we where to leave the virii farms alone, then the players will hang on to them and delay the new round.

This way, they will start the round much sooner, and we can proceed with the updates.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:27:50 AM by jager » Logged
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »

Game updates.

to what ?

Was that a serious question?

Im afraid you failed at point #2 ("2 month discussion on what it should contain")

I would not call, being told what features were going to be implemented, then nearly all input from players regarding them ignored, a discussion, second time it has happened too.

No one has any problem with the updates, thats what it is all about as a developer, but i do not see how disturbing players' games just to get them implemented early is going to satisfy anyone, our only dispute here is the fact that this should have been kept for round 3, and you cannot simply excuse that by saying "it will allow for ironing out bugs etc". And don't even get me started on the virii issue 13

I agree totally....if anything there should have been a small 1 week window at the end of round 2 and before round 3 when this update was ready to be implimented that Emi could have set up a small beta testing just to iron out any kinks or bugs that may have developed and then when that was done roll out round 3 with a clean slate......this interruption of round 2 basically kills everything some people were working towards.....over 500,000 hrs of research basically shoved right up MY BUTT not to mention others as well. Now don't get me wrong so far I haven't really seen anything wrong with the update as far as functionality goes and it seems like a nice gameplay feature but non the less save it for the END(not near the end).

And I don't think it's up to Emi when the round should end...that should be left to the people who actually PLAY the game.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:49:56 AM by Ginjitsu » Logged
netray92

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »

For myself if i look at this

the update is alright, but.. i were going to top 10 because of my farm and now it's gone... Round 3 is coming much faster...
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

I'm in True Light faction and I still get some faction missions against unlisted True Light servers ... Is that normal?

That's normal, after those missions are gone, the new ones will have the correct enemy corp targets.

Update timing was because:

- We needed to "polish" the Faction Project before the start of the new round. Small bugs where expected and as we already had the secret servers and the means to complete the faction missions now, the bugs where found and fixed much faster, so now we start a new round with a bug free update to ensure we have a fair new round.
- We had to precipitate the end of this round in order to bring more players for the new round.

- update policy is fine. We have the Add-on Projects discussion and the update has been discussed in detail with the players. Time of implementation depends on the game goals (see above)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:08:20 PM by siremi » Logged

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

Weren't you going to make it so that you could install viril on yourself and then target an enemy corp server to take money from? And what other mission types are there going to be?

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »

Weren't you going to make it so that you could install viril on yourself and then target an enemy corp server to take money from? And what other mission types are there going to be?

There is going to be a mission, where you search logs for missing information and find all sorts of stuff and then put the information together and submit it to complete the mission. Difficulty depends on the number of steps (servers you need to search), and the hidden level of the logs. You'll be searching in secret servers for log ids. To make this work, there will be a log id entry in the Logs, so you can paste your log id in there to jump to right log entry. You will definitely need a good Log UnDeleter, but the mission will say what version you need.

Suggestions board is open for other missions ideas if you have some.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:14:55 PM by siremi » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2009, 01:42:37 AM »

Titam,

I will say this much.  It is now Monday night almost Tuesday morning and I have yet to receive the e-mail from you regarding what abilities are already in place so I could create an expanded list for you by Sunday (As in Yesterday).  In case it slipped your mind here is the last few lines of the discussion that took place between you and I.

Quote from: siremi
<Ebolla> Titam: Ok can you e-mail me all of the general and faction abilities then? I had also planned on certain factions giving bonuses to certain virii depending on the faction. Such as TL. They are information facilitators so they would get more bonuses to Data Highjack, Sniffer Daemon, and Spyware than others would etc.
<@SirEmi> sure, I will email you the list. Those are just the abilities we have atm. I'm sure more will be added in the future.
<Ebolla> Titam: I will try to get a list of at least 20 faction abilities for each faction by Sunday along with recommended costs etc. Also do you agree that the % should be the bonus added to said ability? That way it gives bonus no matter the version level? (% bonus to the effective level)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

I think you should have been a fourm moderator  14

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »

Because a forum moderator his suggestions are listened to more? No.

Because every single person who has good ideas needs to get that status? No.

He's an important person in this community, Ebolla, but thats no reason to make him a moderator.

What about all the other people who have helped in the present/past then?

Endless game if you start it.
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Uhh sorry? It was a joke? 10 I guess it was a bad one then.... sweatdrop

I was mostly talking about how he talks to Emi alot. 2 Not that he makes alot of suggestions.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to: