The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 05:14:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Abilities list  (Read 12210 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

Another thing that you seem to have forgotten was a tactic that SGP came up with in R1 before we started doing the farms.  And as the abilities are set that means an exponential increase in income especially with how AP efficient it is.  That combined with the faction missions will allow those who know the tactics, which many do and it can be found on these forums since we made it public, will allow an unfair advantage to those who are informed.

I'm not sure what tactic you talking about ? But if it's the tactic where you start a desinfect task right after installing a virus and then try find the corresponding desinfect mission, then I'm not sure if it will be garanteed to succeed again.

And one other thing: if I understood correctly then we will soon have a bigger variety of faction mission. Maybe other factions specialities will give an advantage on those.

Good job.  Some actually paid attention to R1.   Now can you recall which style is most efficient on the AP?

Yeah, that could be a problem.  Obviously you would hit a wall with AP usage for infection/disinfection, but faction missions will allow you to regain AP faster and therefore complete more...

ivandrago
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »

Good job.  Some actually paid attention to R1.   Now can you recall which style is most efficient on the AP?

Sorry no, I don't remember anything other then SGP posting about this method on the forum.

But what I was trying to say is that to me it seems most effecient if you just install a virus and then prevent anyone from desinfecting it (which should be easier now that we have process tracers). I don't know the exact AP cost to trace and hack people but atleast it keeps the cash comming in.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:00:04 AM »

Hm perhaps. PT needs 15 (or is it 30?) AP. It runs 30 minutes. However to succeed, you need from about 5 to 30 traces to get IP. Since at the beginning we won't have much hardware, you will be able to run 1-3 max PT. Version will be lower which means lower chance. So ... since the moment you find out that someone is disinfecting to the moment you will be able to stop the process - 2 hours at best (3 PT x 2 tries = 1 hour, 1 hour for cracking) to few hours ... Disinfecting adware is quite fast process ...

This is going to be fun 1
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

Sorry no, I don't remember anything other then SGP posting about this method on the forum.

But what I was trying to say is that to me it seems most effecient if you just install a virus and then prevent anyone from desinfecting it (which should be easier now that we have process tracers). I don't know the exact AP cost to trace and hack people but atleast it keeps the cash comming in.

It is all about maximizing your HPD/AP ratio as much as possible.   The are lots of problems and issues with trying to keep your virii in place.  To be honest I am surprised no one is disinfecting virii already this round.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »

It is all about maximizing your HPD/AP ratio as much as possible.   The are lots of problems and issues with trying to keep your virii in place.  To be honest I am surprised no one is disinfecting virii already this round.

well personally i only disinfect for the mission rewards, as im not doing missions atm - i see no point

and when i did dis-infect i did so only during the last 4 hours of the server reseting - so that the player and me both get the money.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »

After reading the posts, I see no one pointed out that Icarus faction agents, while they may have a faster completion time on the Search & Destroy mission, they will also have a ton more competition to tackle.

While more folks will get into the faction to get their faction missions 10% faster, they will shortly notice they will be cracked and their processes killed by rival agents doing the same mission, so the 10% bonus may not be worth the extra competition hassle...

Adware may become more used since the higher advare version requires research of higher adware anti-virus, reducing the number of competitive disinfectors as opposed to the low version file share AV that will be provided by the secret servers and will not require as much research.

All in all, very good points and I see some great tactics in the round ahead  5  shifty
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:08:37 PM by siremi » Logged

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 04:11:24 AM »

Adware may become more used since the higher advare version requires research of higher adware anti-virus, reducing the number of competitive disinfectors as opposed to the low version file share AV that will be provided by the secret servers and will not require as much research.

So the spawning of new files on secret servers will be slowed? Because this round at the beginning it was useless to research some software - in the time you researched to some version - double that was put on secrets ...

virii AV were the most active and if you look at files right now - noone was researching those ...
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 06:26:31 AM »

So the spawning of new files on secret servers will be slowed? Because this round at the beginning it was useless to research some software - in the time you researched to some version - double that was put on secrets ...

virii AV were the most active and if you look at files right now - noone was researching those ...

i'm still waiting for the files on unlisted servers to start spawning, we was offered a choice of complete our mission or download some juicy software instead - all unlisted servers so far have contained just 3 files - none of which i would consider juicy.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »

i'm still waiting for the files on unlisted servers to start spawning, we was offered a choice of complete our mission or download some juicy software instead - all unlisted servers so far have contained just 3 files - none of which i would consider juicy.

Ooo, that could be interesting I hope it gets implemented...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »

Yeah, I added the basic functionality for the missions, working on the software spawns.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: