The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 03:29:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 4378 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

Since this round was started with massive bot usage that took Titam a good amount of time to stop and with the recent massive change to game play will there be the payouts?

I personally hope not.  Especially since so many in the top 10 were people using Misfits bot for the first few weeks of the game and the only chance those not in the top 10 had of competing at this point was the personal farms which no longer works.

And if anyone honestly thinks I am saying this because I am not in the top 10 I will gladly return my payout from R1 which has sat untouched all this time.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

Well, your intention are good, however - I never used m1sf1t's bot or any other kind. And most of those who did are not among top players anymore as they didn't know how to play when that bot was rendered useless. I worked very hard to stay in competition when that bot was active and even later when they dropped out and Donn started to push me to work for my points. So even though I see why you think so - i disagree.

And a lot of players in top ten in R1 was using loopholes and 'bugs' that get them on top. And there will be a lot of them in R3 - some bugs are still not fixed, some new are unintentionally put in with new features. Soon they will be found and used for better position, I'm sure.

And if your ONLY chance of competing was farm - then you really have no business among top ten. Nothing personal. I am playing this game 3 - 5 hours a day, researching software, hacking and so on. There are people with A LOT bigger virii farms out there and I'm still among top 5! So there are other options. I'm sorry for you if you can't see them.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

Well being that I am in the top 10 and DID NOT and NEVER HAVE used any bots I would hope that the payouts are as described in the game rules.....I can't speak for others in the top 10 who may have or have not used bots.  I can only speak for myself.   Unlike some people I have never cheated or EXPLOITED any weakness in this game, used bots or even the questioned(and in terms of ToS illegal) but not enforced auto refresh some browsers have. I don't think those have have the opportunity to play this game for extended periods of time due to work or real life schedules should be punished for the actions of others.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

Looking at the Top 10, I see people that contributed to the community, and played smart and hard to get there.

I see no reason why they should not be rewarded for their dedication.

Prizes will be given in partner credit as stated.

Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »

Well that is good to hear not that I was ever going for the reward to get to the top 10. I Just like to do my best and get there on my own. I heard that people used bots but never worried about them I myself have never used a bot kind of takes the fun out of the game play. Of course the next round will be interesting because the gameplay has changed a bit. I believe it will not be quite as boring as the end of this round before the changes were made.

You are going to have to be pretty active to get and stay in the top 10.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »

I don't think I'll be going for the top again in R3..

Real life is asking more and more for my attention. There are other reasons also though..

I will ofcourse still be here to help you guys when needed.

I'll try to make time again soon, to clear the forum up a bit again and to prepare it for Round 3 1

Greets, D.
ivandrago
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »

I just want everyone to know that I'm purposely ignoring this thread because it just doesn't apply to me.
I never have and never will use any tools of any kind.

Dang, now I didn't ignore it after all  16
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: