The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 03:53:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Robber Baron new software type  (Read 6445 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »

We have two new software types:

Robber Baron Virus
Robber Baron Anti-Virus

The software has been discussed here:
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1535.0

Robber Baron Virus specs:

- Can only install one software of this type on a single server
- version 0.1 collects about 1200 HPD per hour, 20x times more then the File Share
- resources to run are 30X more then the File Share
- 2.5% of the collected income is converted into negative standing for the faction selected in "Software" page under "Virii Settings"
  -> To switch target faction in "Software" -> Virii Settings -> Target faction: new faction -> Change Setttings then Collect

- Gold accounts can hold up to 30 installed virii of this type. Regular accounts can hold up to 15 installed.

I'm not sure if we want this before R3 or in R3. Don't want to prolong R2 more then necessary...

So the True Light Repository has not been updated with the new software yet, but everything else is in place.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:24:05 AM by siremi » Logged

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »

I can't speak for the community but I think it should be released now along with any of the other Faction Missions that have yet to be released. I myslef feel that round 3 should be as update interruption free as possible so release it and let the HP community see how it works.

Question....why is it that Gold members can hold more of this virii than non gold members?
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:17:32 PM »

I can't speak for the community but I think it should be released now along with any of the other Faction Missions that have yet to be released. I myslef feel that round 3 should be as update interruption free as possible so release it and let the HP community see how it works.

Question....why is it that Gold members can hold more of this virii than non gold members?

Yeah, it is too unbalanced. While non gold can get 1200HPD*15virus=18000HPD/hour with 0.1; gold get 1200*30virus=36000HPD/hour with 0.1.

I think gold limit should be lower, or non-gold higher (I prefer this last one). If not, gold will rule the game, as they could be able to have better hardware and better software, as they can buy it throught the soft dealer easily
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »

I say release this bad boy now, while the iron's hot, not just because i want to quickly play around with something else before i push this install button on my rev server, but because, like Gin said, the whole point is to have R3 as bug free and clean as possible, like the install times on those things...not too sure about that...

Just over 2 days + 960(?) AP for 1200 hpd/hour, you can easily install 4 v0.5 fileshares and get the same amount for just 748 AP (187 /fs) in 7 hours 12

Also, yes, the gap may be a little too big for gold-non gold, although because the numbers are relatively small, its not much of an issue, mainly because if you are non-gold, and you have the HW / resources to move + run more than one of those beasts then you are more than capable of researching higher versions to catch up to the gold players confused2

Other than that may i make a suggestion, close the gap a little, not much, say to just 20-30 or 17-30...something like that.

Exousia
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »

TO: Omnicron Special Projects Division Chief
RE: "Robber Baron" Project

It seems that our recent attempt has proven successful. We can now remotely infiltrate enemy financial accounts and "re-allocate" their funding from the safety of our own servers. Further debugging and security measures are needed, however, so as to prevent the likes of our competition and the "True Light" terrorists from acquiring the source code.

Our coders believe that they can implement a self-destruct algorithm of sufficient strength to destroy any copy of the program and host server should this lucrative program fall into the wrong hands.

This will take further time and resources, however, and our budget is almost completely exhausted. Perhaps by running a few of these programs, we can make up the costs, but we'll have to be very careful to prevent its discovery until enough revenue is generated.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »

I say release this bad boy now, while the iron's hot, not just because i want to quickly play around with something else before i push this install button on my rev server, but because, like Gin said, the whole point is to have R3 as bug free and clean as possible, like the install times on those things...not too sure about that...

Just over 2 days + 960(?) AP for 1200 hpd/hour, you can easily install 4 v0.5 fileshares and get the same amount for just 748 AP (187 /fs) in 7 hours 12

Also, yes, the gap may be a little too big for gold-non gold, although because the numbers are relatively small, its not much of an issue, mainly because if you are non-gold, and you have the HW / resources to move + run more than one of those beasts then you are more than capable of researching higher versions to catch up to the gold players confused2

Other than that may i make a suggestion, close the gap a little, not much, say to just 20-30 or 17-30...something like that.

Yes your correct that the fileshares make much more sense AP wise but remember this new virii you can install on your own server...so it's not a big farm but at least it's a form of guarneteed income as long as you defend it. 

Also any time frame on when the rest of the updates are coming??? Believe it or not I am ready for this round to end but I don't want what happened in this round to carry over next round.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »

Yes your correct that the fileshares make much more sense AP wise but remember this new virii you can install on your own server...so it's not a big farm but at least it's a form of guarneteed income as long as you defend it. 

Also any time frame on when the rest of the updates are coming??? Believe it or not I am ready for this round to end but I don't want what happened in this round to carry over next round.

You have a point there 19
But i stand by what i said about the install time, the first thing i would want to do with one of these is research it, and i really dont like the idea of having to wait 3 weeks for a v1.0 to install laugh (But i guess i'll get over it  19)

Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 05:31:04 PM »

Is there any bug when tring to research this file when you have reached the limit? It should return no errors.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

What faction gets the virus? As their specialized software?

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »

What faction gets the virus? As their specialized software?

I would think unlike the other virii you can only make money on installing on public/secret servers this one you can install on your own server so I would think NO faction should get an advantage over another with this virii.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »

- version 0.1 collects about 1200 HPD per hour, 20x times more then the File Share
- 2.5% of the collected income is converted into negative standing for the faction selected in "Software" page under "Virii Settings"
  -> To switch target faction in "Software" -> Virii Settings -> Target faction: new faction -> Change Setttings then Collect

- Gold accounts can hold up to 30 installed virii of this type. Regular accounts can hold up to 15 installed.

I'm not sure if we want this before R3 or in R3. Don't want to prolong R2 more then necessary...

So the True Light Repository has not been updated with the new software yet, but everything else is in place.

Please read the bolded.  Do you realize how much it is going to cost just to buy that server?
At the resources needed you would pay roughly
1,280,000 hpd for server #8
448,500 hpd for the BW to install it
22,500 hpd for the CPU to install it
5,000 hpd for the memory
28800 hpd for the HDD.

So think about the cost vs reward of it before complaining.

You can ONLY INSTALL 1(ONE) PER SERVER.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 03:37:35 AM »

Please read the bolded.  Do you realize how much it is going to cost just to buy that server?
At the resources needed you would pay roughly
1,280,000 hpd for server #8
448,500 hpd for the BW to install it
22,500 hpd for the CPU to install it
5,000 hpd for the memory
28800 hpd for the HDD.

So think about the cost vs reward of it before complaining.

You can ONLY INSTALL 1(ONE) PER SERVER.

Ouch wallbash I did make wrong the calcs :(

I will review them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: