The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 08:25:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 5 Hrs  (Read 11659 times)
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:20:57 PM »

5 hrs til someone can activate the 10th Rev....what do you all think....should I allow this??  Do we think Emi is up to date with what needs to be done with this game???  Speak now or forever hold your peace.....Tick Tock...Tick Tock...   bodyguard
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »

I say prevent it

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »

the new mission is bugged

ip database still needs adjusting to make usable

malware virii code not activated ? or said completed - unless i missed it

new user timeout emails on forum and game not implemented

huge list of tasks and possible solutions given to emi still not even acknowledged let alone implemented.

i say the users should make a list of demands :P

theres my 2c
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:23:52 PM by Triadian » Logged
LordWicked

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 03:07:59 AM »

I'd say prevent it for as long as possible, to prevent bugs with the new content...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:03:35 PM by LordWicked » Logged
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »

Ok...I am hearing from the Pro-Faith people...wheres the voices of the Pro-Rev people???  I know your out there...you keep installing Rev Virii and nuking my server.....if you don't wish to reply in forum then message me ingame and give me your 2 cents....maybe someone will persuade me to give up my quest of the bug free round three......anyone????      bodyguard
JPCS5917

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »

Lol Im tired of this round...I say go rev!
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »

To be honest, im torn. Im too am tired of this round, but like you, i really want a bug-free round 3.

I do have an idea though. If this round was to end soon, how about we have a 2-week testing period with ALL the new features implemented fully, during which time i would suggest it doesnt take up gold players' days, that way, people wont be complaining and everyone gets what they want, i know two weeks isnt long, so its not gonna kill anyone 1

I hope you take this suggestion seriously titam, as i mean it sincerely, There are lots of people here who are willing to help find/fix bugs, and those of us that are online nearly 24/7 (with nothing else to do for now *lol*) would gladly do a two week tester, because in the end its helping make this game better for ourselves. I know i know, im not trying to speak for other players, i wouldn't mind it at all, heck..im suggesting it, and i know there are quite a few like-minded players here, so im sure im not the only one who would.

Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »

I myself say end this round I mean there are always going to be bugs as long as the game keeps changing.

With what has been changed in the game this round it has totally changed the game and how it is played. It is very limited now on ways of making money. I have servers that can do tons of research but without the income of a farm it does not do any good. I am at a point where doing research is not cost effective. By the time I get a decent income going on servers the ip's are going to change. and I will have to work from ground 0 again.

There really has to be a way to set up a base income (a farm) to substain research and hardware upgrades and as of now that is not going to happen untill the next round. the robber software will not be there untill then.

I do agree with you Gin that the round should be ended by the players the ones that are active in the game. I do not think that major updates that change the game play should be implimented in a current round. If Emi wants to make changes it should be at the start of a round not in the middle of one. If he wants changes to be test he can have another server to run them and put some players on it to try out the changes.

The only way to stay with this round as I see it is to reset the server back before the fraction update. I do  not think that is going to happen so we might as well move on with what we have and start a new round.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »

I myself say end this round I mean there are always going to be bugs as long as the game keeps changing.

With what has been changed in the game this round it has totally changed the game and how it is played. It is very limited now on ways of making money. I have servers that can do tons of research but without the income of a farm it does not do any good. I am at a point where doing research is not cost effective. By the time I get a decent income going on servers the ip's are going to change. and I will have to work from ground 0 again.

There really has to be a way to set up a base income (a farm) to substain research and hardware upgrades and as of now that is not going to happen untill the next round. the robber software will not be there untill then.

I do agree with you Gin that the round should be ended by the players the ones that are active in the game. I do not think that major updates that change the game play should be implimented in a current round. If Emi wants to make changes it should be at the start of a round not in the middle of one. If he wants changes to be test he can have another server to run them and put some players on it to try out the changes.

The only way to stay with this round as I see it is to reset the server back before the fraction update. I do  not think that is going to happen so we might as well move on with what we have and start a new round.

Thank you Cookie....I can't say i'm gonna change my mind but you have indeed weakened my resolve with a rather simple and logical argument.

I do wanna hear from Emi thou in regards to the idea Damascus presented that this round end and then a 2 week rollout of round 2.5 to test all the to be released round 3 updates and just make sure they are as solid as he says...in which case Emi can do a manual reset and let the real round 3 begin.....What do you think Emi? Sounds like a fair idea to me.
Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »

I can agree with that as well a beta test for a couple of weeks to work out the bugs would be nice.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 02:29:49 AM »

I personally think Titam should do as was suggested almost a year ago.  Create a 2nd server as a test server.  Heck he can even port all of the current rounds data so the testing is done from current power etc.

After all that is how serious MMO's do things.  And I would like to think Titam wants this to be a serious MMO.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:05 AM »

I personally think Titam should do as was suggested almost a year ago.  Create a 2nd server as a test server.  Heck he can even port all of the current rounds data so the testing is done from current power etc.

After all that is how serious MMO's do things.  And I would like to think Titam wants this to be a serious MMO.

he has a test server already set up - but as yet only 2 updates were sent to it.

no idea why he doesnt send loads there for testing and announce the location so those interested in helping could help etc.
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »

9 of 10 revs activated... What are you going to do, Gin? Wait for emi's answer?

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

Revelation day
10 of 10 installed

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »

9 of 10 revs activated... What are you going to do, Gin? Wait for emi's answer?

Revelation day
10 of 10 installed

Well you have my answer.   Congrats to everyone in the Top 10 and see ya all next round.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: