The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 09:09:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IP Change vs. owned virii, vir standings  (Read 7308 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »

- when doing an IP Change on your gateway, you will no longer lose connection with your own virii. Everything else remains the same.

- added a select box to choose another passwd breaker when trying to Crack a server with a lower breaker then the target defenses

- installing virii on faction servers will give negative standing to the faction that owns that server. The standing loss is equal to the AP cost to install.

- disinfecting virii no longer gives 2.5% of mission reward, instead it gives positive standing equal to the AP cost to disinfect for the faction that owns the server.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »

- when doing an IP Change on your gateway, you will no longer lose connection with your own virii. Everything else remains the same.

- added a select box to choose another passwd breaker when trying to Crack a server with a lower breaker then the target defenses

- installing virii on faction servers will give negative standing to the faction that owns that server. The standing loss is equal to the AP cost to install.

- disinfecting virii no longer gives 2.5% of mission reward, instead it gives positive standing equal to the AP cost to disinfect for the faction that owns the server.

Thank you for listening to us Titam.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »

why would installing virii loose standing with the faction? why do they know who you are, and they do not put up an ant hacker mish against you?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

why would installing virii loose standing with the faction? why do they know who you are, and they do not put up an ant hacker mish against you?

Word goes around you installed it and you lose a bit of standing with them, or they make an anti-hacker mis on you.
No big deal, adapt  laugh

Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »

I prefer always getting negative standing but anti-hacker misions
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »

I prefer always getting negative standing but anti-hacker misions

The factions don't post anti-hacker missions on you for installing virii, but they could in the future  1

Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »

Now you say you will not lose connection virii now when you change your IP on your farm. The thing is what good is a farm if you can not collect any money from it. Is it going to be updated next round or in the future to where you will be able to have a farm and take the money from a targeted fraction?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

Now you say you will not lose connection virii now when you change your IP on your farm. The thing is what good is a farm if you can not collect any money from it. Is it going to be updated next round or in the future to where you will be able to have a farm and take the money from a targeted fraction?

It's already in there and working.

The Robber Baron virus is replacing the farms, but you can not download the Robber Baron until this round gets to an end and a new round starts. You can see the Robber Baron specs here, 0.1 brings in 1200 HPD / hour and is not affected by IP Change if you install on owned gateway:
http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=soft_type

So please start to gather hardware and join Revelation.

God Speed!

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »

It's already in there and working.

The Robber Baron virus is replacing the farms, but you can not download the Robber Baron until this round gets to an end and a new round starts. You can see the Robber Baron specs here, 0.1 brings in 1200 HPD / hour and is not affected by IP Change if you install on owned gateway:
http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=soft_type

So please start to gather hardware and join Revelation.

God Speed!

Yes everyone...all farm income is gone so just run right out to Crazy Eddies and get your hardware now at prices that are practically insane.
Also we can join the set of Mission Impossible and collect on all those nice high paying missions...oh but wait...I forgot...the server will reset and change IP before we can complete the mission. Have to do all those nice 9.09 HPD missions...should be able to save up enough hardware to run rev in about 2 years.

I will tell you this Emi...I myself actually have a Rev Virus activated....Finish getting some of the bugs done and get some of the other Faction Missions up and running and I'll let Rev complete....I can see by attendance that this game is dying some...and I dont' want it to die so I will compromise with you a little.  Deal???   bodyguard
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »

I personally would like to see ALL of the new mission types implemented and ironed out, and the remote malware update too, since that is especially a BIG change to gameplay tactics it would be better sorted now than messing up another round, the same with the new virus,

i'm still confused as to why titam said we could own just 2 (IIRC) of them in this round, and then refuse to release them anyway /lol

You said you're sure its bug free? Well i think we have all shown you more than once than two (or more) heads are better than one, and i'm willing to bet that upon its release there are still bugs to be found, better to find them now if you ask me 21

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 03:52:29 AM »

notworking
which doesnt help one little bit. but thanks.....

first breaker in the list is v9 and has 40m left
second breaker in the list is a v9 = unused

server needs v28 to crack

options = try to overload

select breaker from list ( default = first one )

change drop down to second one
select overload x8

it now changes the FIRST one to a v30 and leaves the second one at v9

so i lose my 40 minutes  crybaby or i bang my head against the wall......  wallbash
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »

notworking
which doesnt help one little bit. but thanks.....

first breaker in the list is v9 and has 40m left
second breaker in the list is a v9 = unused

server needs v28 to crack

options = try to overload

select breaker from list ( default = first one )

change drop down to second one
select overload x8

it now changes the FIRST one to a v30 and leaves the second one at v9

so i lose my 40 minutes  crybaby or i bang my head against the wall......  wallbash

I tried it and it should work. If you have two passwd breakers in the list and select the second one, the page should reload with the second breaker process. Then you overload the second breaker.

The only explanation to what happened to you is if the page did not execute the javascript to reload the other breaker process and you selected to overload the first process instead....

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 11:38:48 PM »

I tried it and it should work. If you have two passwd breakers in the list and select the second one, the page should reload with the second breaker process. Then you overload the second breaker.

The only explanation to what happened to you is if the page did not execute the javascript to reload the other breaker process and you selected to overload the first process instead....

changing the selector isnt reloading the page for me in IE7.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:30 AM »

changing the selector isnt reloading the page for me in IE7.

Fixed  5

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: