The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 06:45:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problems with skipping when collecting  (Read 3580 times)
Gabriel Markus

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:32:36 AM »

I have see lately that when I try to collect on my money making software, some of them are showing that they have been SKIPPED.

I thought I understood things

Spyware:
   Doesn't generate HPD on it's own, but intercepts bank wire transfers on the host when collecting income from lower or equal money making software.

Adware
   Does generates income by using the host CPU and bandwidth to send spam., IE, Nigerian letters, How to make money in your sleep ads or the latest ED pills ads.

File Share
   Does generates income by uses the host bandwidth and some CPU for sharing files and generating income.  IE, Sneakernet, Napster, or Limewire.

I understand with the Spyware, if there hasn't intercepted transfers than it should skip.

But I have Adware and Fileshares that HAVE NOT let me collect.
Some of them it going into days since I have been able to collect.

The ones I haven't been able to collect are on player server and not Corp servers but this isn't the problem because I have been able to collect on some non-Corp servers but not all.

I saw in the forum
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.msg266#msg266

" you can mark HPD making virii in Software to be skipped when clicking "Collect All" "

But the Adware Daemons and Fileshare are and have been un-marked but they still will not collect.
ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:44:55 AM »

I haven't seen this for myself yet, but I think the answer is quite simple: adware and fileshare virii are skipped when the player you installed them on don't have any HPD left in their account.
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

Or they are installed on a server you own...
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1275.0

Virii now take funds from player or corporate accounts based on the server upon which they are installed.

If they're installed on your own servers they take money from, then give it to your own account, so you make nothing.

If they are installed on a player server, they take money from the player's account, if there is any there. If there is not, then the virus is skipped when collected and the timer is not reset.

If they are installed on a corporate server (public, secret, or unlisted) then they take money from the corporation accounts.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:28:49 AM »

http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=guide#a14

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:24:57 AM »

I have see lately that when I try to collect on my money making software, some of them are showing that they have been SKIPPED.

I thought I understood things

Spyware:
   Doesn't generate HPD on it's own, but intercepts bank wire transfers on the host when collecting income from lower or equal money making software.

Adware
   Does generates income by using the host CPU and bandwidth to send spam., IE, Nigerian letters, How to make money in your sleep ads or the latest ED pills ads.

File Share
   Does generates income by uses the host bandwidth and some CPU for sharing files and generating income.  IE, Sneakernet, Napster, or Limewire.

I understand with the Spyware, if there hasn't intercepted transfers than it should skip.

But I have Adware and Fileshares that HAVE NOT let me collect.
Some of them it going into days since I have been able to collect.

The ones I haven't been able to collect are on player server and not Corp servers but this isn't the problem because I have been able to collect on some non-Corp servers but not all.

I saw in the forum
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.msg266#msg266

" you can mark HPD making virii in Software to be skipped when clicking "Collect All" "

But the Adware Daemons and Fileshare are and have been un-marked but they still will not collect.

Gotta love those who FTRTFN aka Fail To Read The Fracking News.

Since others have answered your question I will say this.

Welcome to the game, may I have your IP?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: