The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 03:42:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ONLINE tag for players  (Read 5397 times)
Jernau Gurgeh

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

The player rankings (and other screens) have usernames displayed, and next to them, an ONLINE tag that is either there or not.

This means that it is easy to know when to attack another player: wait until the ONLINE tag disappears.

The problem is, it is trivial to make it display all the time (for some players, it is).

What do you think, would it be better to not display the ONLINE tag at all anymore?
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:39:10 PM »

The player rankings (and other screens) have usernames displayed, and next to them, an ONLINE tag that is either there or not.

This means that it is easy to know when to attack another player: wait until the ONLINE tag disappears.

The problem is, it is trivial to make it display all the time (for some players, it is).

What do you think, would it be better to not display the ONLINE tag at all anymore?

i think you'll find most of us that are online all the time actually are online all the time, or maybe its just me ?

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »

Naah .. Sometimes I even go to toilet for few minutes ... It's not my fault the status is not updated regularly:)
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

Naah .. Sometimes I even go to toilet for few minutes ... It's not my fault the status is not updated regularly:)

maybe we should make it a rule that you have to log out if you ever do anything else.

anyways, no I do like having the online tag on. it helps me so that I can contact people, if I need an answer about something, I am going to message somebody that is online and not have to wait forever and hope that they get online soon to answer their mail...

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »

yeah its a good thing

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:52 PM »

I think it is good also.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

hey Jernau put a pole on here

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Hatejacket (iPhone)

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »

I've always tried to take suggestions that aren't accepted by the majority and see what I can do to make it work. Otherwise known as a compromise.

Give gold members the option to log in as invisible.

Anyone else agree? (Oh, and if it is a matter of gold status, pay up the 20 bucks. You would pay more than that if the game was in stores.. Speaking of which, I've almost had my gold for a full year...time for a top up soon)

I am using this account because my main s/n has characters I can't use on my iPhone. Emi fix it pls!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

(Oh, and if it is a matter of gold status, pay up the 20 bucks. You would pay more than that if the game was in stores.. Speaking of which, I've almost had my gold for a full year...time for a top up soon)

Yeah I gotta see if I can scrounge the money together to renew mine as well seeing as Titam has made some terrific strides in improving the game even if they were ill-timed ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Hatejacket (iPhone)

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 12:49:29 AM »

I know! I'm stoked to play this game again. The new missions are greAt, I'm amazed to see what emi did with my OS/faction suggestions (along with others of course but I'll try and take as much credit as I can lol). The group update is great too.

ten times better thAn thAt game we had last June eh bro?

I am using this account because my main s/n has characters I can't use on my iPhone. Emi fix it pls!
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:56 PM »

Oh yeah, this round has impressed me much more than the last two, faction missions are really doing the work for the moment.   13

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: