The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 10:28:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unlisted Servers - Bouncing  (Read 4061 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

I don't think allowing bounces into unlisted servers is bad, just don't allow bounces out (and therefore through) them.  That way it's not a cheap IP change, but you can at least try to hide yourself as you connect to do the mission.  It won't change much, you can still get PT'ed just as easy but this way you can at least stall people so you don't have to IP change every time you do a mission.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »

I would actually agree with this but if i recall correctly there was a mass outcry from the HP community that this game needed more PvP....well this is one way to ensure that there is indeed PvP. Yes you can get Pt'ed to death but in this one case I think it should be left as is.
Exousia
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

Well, I think he's saying that if you're bouncing into an unlisted server, you can still be traced back to your own server. If you're bouncing out of an unlisted server, then all you have to do is complete the mission and the chain of logs leading back to you is forever severed and untraceable. It would definitely be a new god mode. However, bouncing into an unlisted server, even if the mission is completed and the unlisted server is deleted, you can still be traced back through your bounce chain if someone read the unedited logs on the unlisted server and traces back to the last server bounced from.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »

You could also look for the same time stamps on random NPC servers.  Granted this would actually take WORK and not be hand fed to you on a silver platter but.

I agree with bouncing INTO the unlisted servers.  However bouncing out of them provides effectively a FREE IP change which I do not agree with.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »

You could also look for the same time stamps on random NPC servers.  Granted this would actually take WORK and not be hand fed to you on a silver platter but.

I agree with bouncing INTO the unlisted servers.  However bouncing out of them provides effectively a FREE IP change which I do not agree with.

Work? What is this word?
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 01:02:03 AM »

Everything I type when I'm inebriated looks wrong so I'm just gonna say this.

I'd rather have everyone bouncing into secret servers and have to PT them because I don't want to or can't trace their logs than people direct connecting and IP changing when they start the mission and having to PT them because I have no other choice.  That's my kind of PvP.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

I agree with all of this!  13

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: