The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:16:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Slow Connection. :/  (Read 14033 times)
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 06:11:24 AM »

lol, I did not know around that uber low capacities.

btw, ISPs even confuse terms, althought. I have seen adverts with Mb on it, and others with MB on them, even from the same provider
Exousia
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 06:26:29 AM »

I'd like to remind everyone that 99.9999% of people we interact with on a daily basis refer to their monitor as their computer and their case as their hard drive.

Fewer still would know the difference between Mb and MB.

I think the key problem here is that we get hold of these toys without even the slightest clue about how they work. That being said, I can honestly claim that there are few, if any, objects (appliances, vehicles, etc.) that I use that I don't at least have a basic understanding about how they work. I think we sell ourselves short when we don't try to gain a fundamental understanding of the tools we take for granted.
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »

I'd like to remind everyone that 99.9999% of people we interact with on a daily basis refer to their monitor as their computer and their case as their hard drive.

I think the key problem here is that we get hold of these toys without even the slightest clue about how they work. That being said, I can honestly claim that there are few, if any, objects (appliances, vehicles, etc.) that I use that I don't at least have a basic understanding about how they work. I think we sell ourselves short when we don't try to gain a fundamental understanding of the tools we take for granted.

I know about it.

I knew there were Mb and MB, but I did not know the measure difference. The one I did not had a clue about were about KiB.

I am the computer guru (class mates do not ask the teacher) and I come with 2-3 mates a day asking me:
-Hey, my computer does not work
-It is working. I see the leds on.
-I do not, there is no image in the screen.
-Please, PUSH THE FU******* POWER ON BOTTON AT THE SREEN! Next time, please, remind the computer is the CPU, and the monitor is the screen.
-The computer was not the box, monitor, keyboard, and so on?
*I do go rolf at this point
-(Teacher): I think I will have to make another exam about computers and peripherals

I can tell about a mess with a keyboard and another one with a USB device... at the computering subject, when we had the exam the day before
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:55:21 AM by Eledran » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

i'm just glad they come with the free cup holder .....
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

You read that story? lol I died a little inside but it was hilarious.  laugh
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »

I am sure more people mistake the large box on their desk's for a cpu rather than a hard drive... laugh

Exousia
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

Or the 3.5" disks for a "hard disk" rather than a floppy. The terms are bandied about Hollywood and the like in the form of "techo-babble" that few really know what the terms mean.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »

we interupt this forum thread to bring you an urgent announcement :-

we have all seen the reports about chemicals and gases that are found in everyday foods and products such as the CFC's in the aerosol canisters and such like that recently have been abolished to help save our enviroment. yet the most abundant chemical that we come into contact with almost every second of the day still lurks and the governments of the world are hoping remains under wraps. well today i have decided to tell you all about it. what is this chemical i talk about ???

Di-Hydrogen Monoxide

The chemical DiHydrogen MonOxide, usually refered to as DHMO. It's found in many different cancers, but there's no proven causal link between its presence and the cancers in which it lurks or if they are they have been covered up by the government - so far. The figures are astonishing - DHMO has been found in over 95% of all fatal cervical cancers, and in over 85% of all cancers collected from terminal cancer patients. Despite this, it is still used as an industrial solvent and coolant, as a fire retardant and suppressant, in the manufacture of biological and chemical weapons, in nuclear power plants - and surprisingly, by elite athletes in some endurance sports. But the government has refused to ban it on several occasions. However, the athletes find that withdrawal from DHMO can be difficult, and sometimes, fatal. Medically, it is almost always involved in diseases that have sweating, vomiting and diarrhoea as their symptoms. when was the last time you had one of these symptoms and no doubt ingested some DHMO without even knowing it.

While it has many industrial uses, it is cheap enough to be casually dumped into the environment, its not even illegal to dump it !!!. where it has many unwanted side-effects. DHMO is a major contributor to acid rain, and is heavily involved in the Greenhouse Effect. In industry, it can short out electrical circuits, and can reduce the efficiency of your car's brakes. It is used to help distribute pesticides and herbicides - and long after the pesticides and herbicides may have have degraded away, the DHMO will remain, because it is so resilient.

One reason that DHMO can be so dangerous is its chameleon-like ability to not only blend in with the background, but also to change its state. As a solid, it causes severe tissue burns, while in its hot gaseous state, it kills hundreds of people each year. Thousands more die each year by breathing in small quantities of liquid DHMO into their lungs.

In 1990, at the Santa Cruz campus of the University of California, Eric Lechner and Lars Norpchen publicised the dangers of DHMO - DiHydrogen MonOxide. was it given press coverage or was it just hushed up by the government ???? 1994 the chemical was exposed on the internet by Craig Jackson, who set up The Coalition to Ban DHMO. within hours his site was taken down and remains closed to this day.  Slowly, awareness of this chemical spread more widely. In 1997, 14-year-old Nathan Zohner at the Eagle Rock Junior High School in Idaho surveyed 50 of his fellow students after telling them of the "dangers" of DHMO - and 43 of them signed a petition to immediately ban this chemical. what happend to his petition ???? guess what it was ignored by the university and he later he was asked to leave the high school.

In March 2004, the small city of Aliso Viejo in Orange County in California put, onto the official agenda of the next meeting of the Council, a motion to ban Styrofoam containers because the toxic chemical, DHMO, was used to make them. This motion was put onto the agenda because an enthusiastic paralegal on the Aliso Viejo City payroll had read of DHMO's evil properties on the internet. the motion was withdrawn before it could be voted on.

the government is trying its hardest to hide all information about this commonly used chemical - i urge you to discover the chemical yourself and stop using it as much as is possible, although no doubt you would have become addicted to it already without even knowing it....

its you body you should know what your putting into it......
Exousia
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 10:32:17 PM »

Since my body is already 2/3 to 3/4 Di-Hydrogen Monoxide, I will continue drinking it.  7
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 12:31:53 AM »

Since my body is already 2/3 to 3/4 Di-Hydrogen Monoxide, I will continue drinking it.  7

same here, I will even breath it in... and some times eat it...

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »

yeah so the gov't is trying to kill us?... 21

when haven't they?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »

I like it with coffee! .......ell it would be hard to drink without it /lol

Oh and did you know, that on April fool's day (April 1st) 1998, someone in the Australian Parliament announced a campaign to ban Di-Hydrogen Monoxide internationally!  laugh laugh

Man, we are so gullible! laugh

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: