The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:16:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Re: Can't fill secret servers  (Read 10952 times)
docslax

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »

Which is amusing to me because I always preferred Turbo C and I preferred all the "void" stuff over the more "user friendly" languages. Then again, one of my languages was machine code for a Commodore 64, so I liked having all that access to the hardware.

LOL you just dated yourself... your probably as old as me ;)

Derailing and trolling forum posts since Sept 2009!
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »

Which is amusing to me because I always preferred Turbo C and I preferred all the "void" stuff over the more "user friendly" languages. Then again, one of my languages was machine code for a Commodore 64, so I liked having all that access to the hardware.

released August 1982
discontinued April 1994

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:07:02 PM »

released August 1982
discontinued April 1994

i'm assuming your refering the c64 - if so your data is incorrect

1994, at CeBIT in Hanover, Germany, Commodore announced that the C64 would be finally discontinued in 1995. Commodore claimed that the C64's disk drive was more expensive to manufacture than the C64 itself. Although Commodore had planned to discontinue the C64 by 1995, the company filed for bankruptcy a month later, in April 1994.

In the middle of 2004, after an absence from the marketplace of more than 10 years, PC manufacturer Tulip Computers BV (owners of the Commodore brand since 1997) announced the C64 Direct-to-TV (C64DTV), a joystick-based TV game based on the C64 with 30 games built into ROM. The product was advertised on QVC in the United States for the 2004 holiday season. Some users have installed 1541 floppy disk drives, hard drives, second joysticks and keyboards to these units, which give the DTV devices nearly all of the capabilities of a full Commodore 64. The DTV hardware is also used in the mini-console/game Hummer, sold at RadioShack mid-2005.

The Commodore 64 is still used today by some computer hobbyists, various C64 emulators allow anyone with a modern computer, or a compatible game console, to run these programs.

Since 28 March 2008, Commodore 64 games have been available to buy through Nintendo's Virtual Console service in Europe; the first games available were Uridium and International Karate. Later, on February 23, 2009, the Commodore 64 section was launched in North America with the first three titles, International Karate, The Last Ninja and Pitstop II.

its not down, it's not out and definitely not discontinued.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »

... jeez do ya have to bite so hard? 2

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »

Bontrose.  When it comes to the Commodore computers, watch what you say  laugh

Those of us who have had one, grew and learned on them have very fond memories.  No other machine before or since has provided the nostalgia than talking with those who had a Commodore.

Load "*" ,8,1

BTW, once I found (can't remember the player) the Commodore 64 Firewall V64.x I hacked him until I was successful at downloading the file --even though I already had a Firewall larger than that!  Just the name caught my attention.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 01:54:45 PM »

lol

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

Until it got fried in a power surge, I had a Commodore 64. I now have to use the emulator, though I'm not sure how to get hold of the developer for registration. I haven't received any reply from the email addy he provided. lol
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

hmm... GOOOOOOOGLE

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »

hmm... GOOOOOOOGLE

Gee, what is this Google of which you speak?  16
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »

lol no seriously look him up

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »

lol no seriously look him up

Mkay....

CCS64 - A Commodore 64 Emulator - By Per Håkan Sundell
http://www.ccs64.com/

Looks like he's got a new version out.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »

hmmm

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

Bontrose.  When it comes to the Commodore computers, watch what you say  laugh

Those of us who have had one, grew and learned on them have very fond memories.  No other machine before or since has provided the nostalgia than talking with those who had a Commodore.

Load "*" ,8,1

BTW, once I found (can't remember the player) the Commodore 64 Firewall V64.x I hacked him until I was successful at downloading the file --even though I already had a Firewall larger than that!  Just the name caught my attention.

lol That was mine 8D
I couldnt decide between Commodore 64 or Nintendo 64  16

Exousia
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 05:35:39 AM »

I'm going to necro this one because I'm bored.

I have only a vague recollection of the Nintendo 64. I played quite a few games on the original--heck, I have one floating around still--and quite a few on the Super Nintendo. Did the Nintendo 64 come after that?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »

NES > SNES > N64 > Gamecube > Wii

I beleive is the order of evolution

I couldn't afford a fancy playstation as all the cool kids were using, stick to my Zelda 64 and Super smash brothers, ftw <3

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: