The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:32:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Decrypt missions and ability points/factions  (Read 20008 times)
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »

Psssst.... This is a game. It has logical limitations.

There are exactly 200 total secret servers. There are exactly 50 secret servers per faction. Not every IP has a server attached to it. That is cold hard fact until Emi increases that limit. Your logic lacks any basis in reality.

ex that statement isn't exactly true - the servers are created based on the faction usage at the start of the server creation - when the first  200 were created this round it was something like icky-57 Hak-50 omni-48 TL-45 although these aint exact numbers because my memory sucks.

i only have 196 servers at the moment - and my list stands at 57 48 46 45 - so it would seem once those server are created the faction sticks with them until the end of the round - emi really should make it so the usage factor stays all through the game.
Well, there aren't one trillion of them, that's my point. It was an even split the last two rounds.

so why is ther about 200 even if evryone in the world was playing this game with 30 severs and all had a second profiles also with 30 servers becuse evryone cheats. there would still be something like 640 billion combos.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:15:48 PM by pondmonkey » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 12:51:55 AM »

so why is ther about 200 even if evryone in the world was playing this game with 30 severs and all had a second profiles also with 30 servers becuse evryone cheats. there would still be something like 640 billion combos.

pond i think your missing the word secret. - we are saying there is only 200 secret servers
there is 10 standard servers - 200 secret servers - 600 unlisted server - and 1-10 servers per active player.

and i hate this - everyone cheats statement - i wont even go into how offended i was by it. - if i find your server you will no how offended i am.
Exousia
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 01:09:52 AM »

I find that people like to justify their own lack of morals by making such ludicrous blanket statements as "everyone does it."

Also, do you have a head wound or something? Thirty servers per account? I cannot even fathom, even from the mind-bending depths of calculus which I have plumbed, how you can possibly have come up with such a ridiculous figure as that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:15:07 AM by Exousia » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 04:42:36 AM »

lol 30 servers that'd cost like what 1 billion? 8D

And i dont have a multi, neither does anyone in my group, or anyone ive spoke to who plays, afaik, so speak for yourself

And triadian i showed him how offended I was by spywaring 600k from his baron  laugh

Exousia
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 05:38:09 AM »

Well, to be honest, I do have a second account, but I follow the ToS on it: I play it as a separate entity. As mentioned in another thread, I have it to keep it non-gold and observe the playability differences.

http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

Limitations     
 (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow players.
   There are special features in place that will automatically detect and prevent connections to your multi accounts.

He has ONE server and has v1.0 softs, so he's not anywhere near that 30 server fantasy and I never use him to attack, just play a few missions, infect a few secrets, the usual stuff, mostly just when Exousia is out of AP. Which happens a lot these days.  4
docslax

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »

LOL Trillion.. not! It's more like a 3.5 billion total usable IP's using IPv4 if you remove net 0's and 127's and RFC 1918 IPs 14

Derailing and trolling forum posts since Sept 2009!
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

Well, to be honest, I do have a second account, but I follow the ToS on it: I play it as a separate entity. As mentioned in another thread, I have it to keep it non-gold and observe the playability differences.

http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

Limitations     
 (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target.Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow players.
   There are special features in place that will automatically detect and prevent connections to your multi accounts.

He has ONE server and has v1.0 softs, so he's not anywhere near that 30 server fantasy and I never use him to attack, just play a few missions, infect a few secrets, the usual stuff, mostly just when Exousia is out of AP. Which happens a lot these days.  4
Whats his name  13

Exousia
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 07:55:44 PM »

Well, before I tell you that, I must warn you that a higher level gold player has already been found by another SGP member using the name on his servers to mask his/her identity. You know how that goes when you want to at least confuse people, so you rename your server to look like it belongs to some newbie schlep you saw once on the scores.... Anyway, it's Sachiel. You'll see him way down there around 63rd with 2 million power. Actually, I'm online as Sachiel right now.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:57:15 PM by Exousia » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »

added to friends.

note to self: attack exousia's servers when sachiel shows online :P
Exousia
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »

added to friends.

note to self: attack exousia's servers when sachiel shows online :P

I do go back and forth. I'll have to be extra vigilant now.
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »

I find that people like to justify their own lack of morals by making such ludicrous blanket statements as "everyone does it."
can you honostly say you never cheated on anything in your life?
and i hate this - everyone cheats statement - i wont even go into how offended i was by it. - if i find your server you will no how offended i am.
***.***.***.***
i don't realy care destory it if you want. the worst you can do is delete all the files but the forms are more fun then the game itself.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:33:00 AM by Exousia » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 01:34:02 AM »

Yes.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 03:13:16 AM »

<snip>
***.***.***.***
i don't realy care destory it if you want. the worst you can do is delete all the files but the forms are more fun then the game itself.

while i cant honestly say i have never cheated - and in fact i have consistently made programs so that others can cheat - even as recently as a month ago.  i do however like to stick to rules i know are there for a good purpose and not just invented for the fun of it.

if you are getting more fun from the forums than from the game i suggest you go find another game to play.
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »

why you block my ip? i was about to get some real pvp going  2
Exousia
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »

ToS violation.... Yeah, it's yours now, but I have to repress all IP addys to keep things fair.

Now let's all gather round and see the violence inherent in the system as I repress the peasants!  laugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: