The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 12:08:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: server admin  (Read 13534 times)
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 06:02:03 AM »

What I mean is that if this feature's only purpose is to allow another player to watch your gateway then it's abusable.

For example: people can give admin rights to a group member in another timezone who will watch the gateway when they're offline. This'll make it only harder to perform PvP actions.

this scenario could easily be prevented by the admin rights only working after 24hours offline time
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »

What I mean is that if this feature's only purpose is to allow another player to watch your gateway then it's abusable.

For example: people can give admin rights to a group member in another timezone who will watch the gateway when they're offline. This'll make it only harder to perform PvP actions.

I don't think so really, some processes can't be killed on remotehost such as virus installs or uploads, so if someone was to watch your gateway using admin rights, they can only do so much such as closing delete processes or downloads, so it sort of balances itself out, Ive tried letting people in my group crack me to finish a download before, it just doesn't work most the time, you can't rely on people  21

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »

I don't think so really, some processes can't be killed on remotehost such as virus installs or uploads, so if someone was to watch your gateway using admin rights, they can only do so much such as closing delete processes or downloads, so it sort of balances itself out, Ive tried letting people in my group crack me to finish a download before, it just doesn't work most the time, you can't rely on people  21

other people cant finish your downloads or any other process you started
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 10:16:03 AM »

Yes they can finish downloads.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

as long as you are outof noob status right?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »

I don't know about that but if i had a Download Password Protect [Complete]
Someone can then log in to my gateway hit complete and finish it for me, because i've done it, then stole what they downloaded ;D

Uploads however are a different story
I think only downloads work like that

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »

w/ downloads you have the file you are just completing it

w/ uploads the gateway would need to re connect to the victim server and w/ u doing it it is either them or the victim

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »

Someone can then log in to my gateway hit complete and finish it for me, because i've done it, then stole what they downloaded ;D

I'm pretty sure I've finished someone's research in the past round...  and had to pay for it.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've finished someone's research in the past round...  and had to pay for it.

Nah, tried that one, would be lol though, could help each othe rpay for research then share it out
I'd expect more wisdom from Original gangsters!

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »

would be helpfull,

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »

Might also be quite exploitable with multiple accounts.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 05:35:16 AM »

No more exploitable than dropping defense, cracking it in 5 minutes and putting it back up, all it's doing is skipping the defense dropping part

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »

delta has a point

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »

Yeah, but you can't use one account to complete another account's research, thereby violating the ToS by using one account to benefit another, etc. That's what I'm talking about.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Oh, that wasn't an idea or anything that was just Brok lying about logging into someones servers and paying for their research
(either that or the game was lol in round one)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: