The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 01:26:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Manage file transfers / Priority download / upload  (Read 23298 times)
GuitarHero
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »

Argh, what a waste of like...18 hours of downloading time just for a new feature
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »

Poop.

I give up.

stopping process... ... Kernel V 0.1 successfully stopped.
Aw darn  2

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »

Lol,out of curiosity,I tried the same person to see how long. -644h 43m 18s

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
GuitarHero
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »

Seems like that Public FTP just got destroyed with this new feature :P
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

Glad I got what I wanted already  1  1  laugh

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 10:44:49 PM »

Glad I got what I wanted already  1  1  laugh
Likewise whew :] We rock! high five~!

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 10:50:11 PM »

"Important: If for some reason your bandwidth does not increase when setting the priority in the case when the target is another player, check his connection, maybe he doesn't have enough bandwidth to support your download / upload.
This INCLUDES if he is downloading / uploading something or having viruses installed!"

Does this mean I could lockup my own system with virii to disable bandwidth access to others? Im semi-new to the virii process,I forget how it works.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 10:52:48 PM »

"Important: If for some reason your bandwidth does not increase when setting the priority in the case when the target is another player, check his connection, maybe he doesn't have enough bandwidth to support your download / upload.
This INCLUDES if he is downloading / uploading something or having viruses installed!"

Does this mean I could lockup my own system with virii to disable bandwidth access to others? Im semi-new to the virii process,I forget how it works.
Seems like it! Wow thanks for the idea, that's a new way to use virii for me  5

You can limit others downloads.. mwuahaha lol

GuitarHero
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »

Lol, for some reason I picture someone putting all their 1337 software up on Public FTP, but then limiting everyones DL's to screw em all over in the end :P
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »

well yeah that's a great idea, but they could try remote disinfect  laugh but it's still a pain  16

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

Lol, for some reason I picture someone putting all their 1337 software up on Public FTP, but then limiting everyones DL's to screw em all over in the end :P
LOL haha thats mean xP

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »

well yeah that's a great idea, but they could try remote disinfect  laugh but it's still a pain  16
takes forever to remote disinfect  2

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »

They are talking about allowing you to split your BW between odd numbers of transfers.

Right now you can only evenly split if you are downloading 2 or 4 files.  Any other number and you can no longer evenly split.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 11:57:55 PM »

Did it set everyones priority to 1 if they havent changed it? Just ran into a 138 hour Spyware v.1 upload-BW was .01,but had 2 remaining altogether.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

Did it set everyones priority to 1 if they havent changed it? Just ran into a 138 hour Spyware v.1 upload-BW was .01,but had 2 remaining altogether.
Nope, it wasn't auto. The person you were uploading/downloading it to/from probably doesnt have as much bandwidth as you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: