The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 12:14:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Remote MAlware Add-on  (Read 14689 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »

A new feature is available that enables you launch remote attacks with your malware virii.

Attacker notes:
- the remote malware is activated in "Software", each malware has "Activate / Remote / Destroy". Click on "Remote" and enter the IP address.
- it costs 20% CPU / Memory of the vir requirements on the vir holding server to start a remote malware task
- it takes longer to complete a remote malware attack, depending on virii version / run hours = attack power
- the abilitiy skill in malware does affect the remote malware time to complete
- it costs 10 AP to complete a remote malware process, can be completed on virii server or remote server. You need to be the owner of the mal vir, and the vir has to be installed and ready. If it is disinfected, it won't work.
- malware remote attack power is only 5% and will reset your vir timer just like a normal attack, while activating directly on host will get you the full 100%

- the IP of the server holding the malware virii will show when you start the remote malware process.
   (note that you can install malware on NPC servers / group servers and activate them remotely on some target server)
   - so you can install your malware on captured systems and start them up remotely from there, saves some resources, ofc malware farms are ok too 1
   - if someone cracks the mal attacking server, the remote attack process can be easily stopped from there on the source, so you might want to pass / fire protect it before attacking
- you don't need to crack the server you wish to attack. Just need the IP and then wait for it...

- "Change IP" will intrerupt outgoing remote attack tasks from the IP that is changing. It will not affect malware farms or their own malware attacks.

Defender notes:   
- if you crack the source server IP (the vir server), you can stop the incoming remote malware attack
- you can kill / stop an incoming remote malware attack on the remote host by using the "Remote Attack Disruptor" (RAD) software below
- so a third party can help the defender by running RAD, crack servers attempting remote malware and stop their attacks, etc.

- "Change IP" will intrerupt incoming remote attack tasks

New software:
- Remote Attack Disruptor
   - takes 15 minutes to complete
   - targets remote attack process and tries to kill it (5%-50%, depends on version of disruptor, V 45 is maxed 50%)
   - cost to complete: 2 AP

Other patch notes:
- added a select box that enables you to start multiple (up to 15X) tasks at once on some softwares, VI, PT, RAD (you need it sometimes since it's chance based)
- added Virus Breaker, Virus Identifier, Process Tracer, Remote Attack Disruptor to software dealer

- I'm going to work on the Faction Work missions now, where you will be sent to do remote malware on other players for profit  angel_not weight_lift2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:16:28 PM by siremi » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »

New select box for multiple version runs!!!!! Cheers!

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »

How about something similar to the remote attack disruptor:

Remote Process disruptor:  Ability to target a process on a server and attempt to disrupt it...

Remote Process Denial of Service: Instead of stopping the process it increases the time for the process to complete. 

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »

How about something similar to the remote attack disruptor:

Remote Process disruptor:  Ability to target a process on a server and attempt to disrupt it...

Remote Process Denial of Service: Instead of stopping the process it increases the time for the process to complete. 

It's an interesting idea, but it needs elaborating... How much increase in time to complete, should depend on software type, etc.

A fixed time added like 10 minutes / 1 AP cost could work with a chance to fail...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:26:24 PM by siremi » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »

Cool you replied 1 

Remote Process Denial of Service:

You use your own BW to target the process.  It doesn't take into account available BW on the server being affected, it only uses your BW allocated to affect the process.   Basically you are spamming the process with junk information in an effort to slow it down.  Something like every 1 BW (multiplied by the version of your RDOS) you use you can slow it down by 1 percent.  Maximum of maybe something like 75%.  Your RPDOS must be of equal or greater than the process being attacked or the slowdown is dropped by the difference... I.e. a .1 RPDOS against a 1.0 file would be only 1/10 effective.  I could see this working with both file transfers as well as regular processes.

a .1 RDOS costs 1BW     per 1% reduction against a 0.1 file
a .1 RDOS costs 1BW     per 1/10% reduction against a 1.0 file

a 1.0 RDOS costs 10BW per 1% reduction against a 1.0 file
a 1.0 RDOS costs 1BW   per 1% reduction against a 0.1 file

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »

Cool you replied 1 

Remote Process Denial of Service:

You use your own BW to target the process.  It doesn't take into account available BW on the server being affected, it only uses your BW allocated to affect the process.   Basically you are spamming the process with junk information in an effort to slow it down.  Something like every 1 BW (multiplied by the version of your RDOS) you use you can slow it down by 1 percent.  Maximum of maybe something like 75%.  Your RPDOS must be of equal or greater than the process being attacked or the slowdown is dropped by the difference... I.e. a .1 RPDOS against a 1.0 file would be only 1/10 effective.  I could see this working with both file transfers as well as regular processes.

a .1 RDOS costs 1BW     per 1% reduction against a 0.1 file
a .1 RDOS costs 1BW     per 1/10% reduction against a 1.0 file

a 1.0 RDOS costs 10BW per 1% reduction against a 1.0 file
a 1.0 RDOS costs 1BW   per 1% reduction against a 0.1 file
a filter program, to filter out the excess junk being shoved through (prolly 3x the size of the RPDOS  on every according file,
EX:

say the RPDOS is 2 gig per .1

the filter program would be 6 gig per .1

it would take 3 minutes scan time to find what frequency the denial was working at (filter can be used on larger denials but it takes more time)

say you have a filter 1.5

if the denial is

1 it completely blocks
1.5 it completely blocks
2 it blocks 75%
2.75 it blocks 54.54%
and so on up to 5x( in this case 7.5+)

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »

We need a way to reset the timer ourselves if we let a malware go to long before trying to remote activate it... 

Let it get to long and it becomes worthless...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »

What do you mean?  confused2

Swisher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »

- it takes longer to complete a remote malware attack, depending on virii version / run hours = attack power

this is what he is referring to, the longer you let malware run, the longer it takes to complete a remote attack on somebody. i had a bunch of overloads with 1000+ runtime on them, and it would have taken 40hours to complete the remote attack, when it only took like 5hours or so with 100+ hours. pretty much making them useless if you let them run for too long
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

Thanks swisher... This is exactly what I'm referring to.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

better to spam in mass then with mass?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks swisher... This is exactly what I'm referring to.

Ah I didn't see that at all ;)
I thought only filesize mattered but I guess not...
I guess it encourages using them more if nothing else...

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »

that it would

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:50 AM »

We need a way to reset the timer ourselves if we let a malware go to long before trying to remote activate it... 

Let it get to long and it becomes worthless...

OR, what if you could choose the power you wish to use?

1h minimum, max would be runtime when you attempt the remote attack a small box with the power input.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »

Great idea!

It'd be nice to know how much damage they're gonna do anyway, rather than having to start the attack just to see the timer  13

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: