The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 07:05:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Process Times  (Read 2080 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:04:11 AM »

Process times seem to be geared towards the very low end of file versions, resulting in the inability to even use them against even moderately higher level files.

A good example is Virii Breaker.  Takes 200+ Hours for a .3 FileShare.  Totally impossible to use.

I'd suggest something along the lines of maybe maximum of 24 hours to complete a capture of a .3 Fileshare.

Heck, even Barons would be great to be able to capture.  A .1 Baron = 4 hours.

Just for the annoyance factor and the small amount of lost HPD.  Right now I can destroy a baron in 5 hours yet takes thousands to capture.

As part of this change, I would also ask that any processes attempted against your own servers be at an improved speed.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:53:08 AM »

So faster deleting, hiding etc in PVP? I guess that would actually make them more viable than the nubby mobswisher plan of logging directly in, killing all research, changing IP...As is about all you can get away with in a short time-span, but more processes being locked and having to be traced would help that, which could tie in with my other "Reverse trace look-up" idea...

Maybe the breaker can be changed to be more like the baron AV, a percentage chance depending on version, with a set time depending on the filesize or something?

But then again that sounds overpowered, would be easy for a player to quickly set up a bunch of captures while i'm asleep or something and by the morning all my fileshare income will be gone, which I know alot of players rely on considering the nerfing of barons.... But if it's too overpowered for fileshare then it must be WAY overpowered against barons... HMMM

I guess percentage chance of capture combined with a high AP useage say 50AP for a 0.3 fileshare capture (i think a 0.3 is about 120AP to install)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: