The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 02:05:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion: Add external server links to IP Database after connecting  (Read 4184 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:45:25 AM »

All servers     Public     Secret     Owned     Unlisted     Group
Private    Faction    Admin   Rival Group

With all of that, after, you bounce, you should add the links you see when you normally connect to a server. When bouncing to do mission hunts i have to go Bounce - Connect - Bulletin Board - IP Database, rinse and repeat. it would be nice to take a click out.

All servers     Public     Secret     Owned     Unlisted     Group    Add to IP Db
Private    Faction    Admin    Rival Group   Admin Login     Public FTP     Bulletin board 

See what I mean? Sorry if this is sloppy, I am pretty sleep deprived.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 05:06:02 AM »

Didnt think checking the Boards left your IP...so why Bounce to get your mission
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:11:22 AM »

I'm bouncing to complete the missions, not only to find more new ones.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:29:35 AM »

I erm, totally don't get it.  14
Although there does seem to be 2 spaces for more links there..

Are you saying have one list that connects you directly to bulletin board or?
The fact bouncing keeps you on the IPdb is what makes the extra clicks, I usually connect to all the servers at once, then disconnect form last bounce repeatedly to access them, just so i'm not clicking on and odd the DB or whatever

Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »

It's just a simple change. Before when you bounced to a server it would go to the server description and those links i suggested to be added above. Now from the IPDb you have to Bounce, then go to gateway/connect just to view the bulletin board. It would be nice if those links were shown while you were connected to a server from the IPDb, that's all. The Admin Login I can live without, but those two extra slots could be used for Public FTP and Bulletin Board while youre connected to a server, to avoid the extra few clicks.

Alone it's not that big of a deal, but it gets annoying when you're doing multiple missions at once.

Sorry if this isn't that easy to comprehend...I haven't slept much in the past few days. Just moved into a new house and it has House Centipedes in the basement, the kids don't enjoy it all that much, so i've been fairly restless in killing them *sigh*

....And i mean the centipedes
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

Oh i see, maybe change the links on the left a little to show a [Remote] link?

Factions info
Your ability
Mission data
Software
Hardware
Logs [Remote]
Group [GoS]

Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »

That would work too.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

It's a good suggestion... maybe we can add "Remote host web service" on the IP Db with the server links...

I'll see what we can do.

Thank you.

Hatejacket
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »

It's a good suggestion... maybe we can add "Remote host web service" on the IP Db with the server links...

I'll see what we can do.

Thank you.

Perfect, thanks Emi. My Gold account should be coming through in the next hour or so.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: