The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 05:39:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alert Group Leader  (Read 3902 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »

When a member leaves your group, because you only notice if you look at the members, and it sends messages on join so it makes sense to me

That will be all  14

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:09:15 AM »

yeah, good point.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:06:53 AM »

I like simple ergonomic updates like this... Also I a couple of things that bug me...

"This mission is on a server of your faction!
 You have default admin on your factions servers and do not need to crack it.
 You can accept the mission if you change faction...

Mission is already in your mission data archive!"

Well that doesn't make much sense as i've not changed faction and somehow it's in my data archive, even though it actually isn't, I just checked... Weird.

Also don't really like the way it's worded, should be more like:

"This mission targets your faction's server!
 You have default admin on your faction's servers and do not need to crack it."

Apostrophes and less encouraging faction changing (which should be discouraged if anything IMO)

Another one:

"Mission successfully added to mission data page.
 In order to view the mission objectives, click on Mission data on the left menu."

I don't see the need for that second line, or why it would say to click Mission Data on the left when it itself is now a link, it should just say ""Mission successfully added to Mission Data page." and that be the link...

And more new stuff that's weird:

We need an experienced hacker to implant a virus on this target server.

The virus that needs to be installed is an IP Leech V 1.69
If you have a virus of this type, you can use it, if not you will need to acquire the virus from a software repository. Look into your IP Database for a True Light Software Repository server and download the required file using the Public FTP on the repository server. This will not leave any trail of your download.

After you have the virus file, you will need to Connect or Bounce into the target host and Upload the virus from your Files / Programs when you are connected. Complete the upload from Running Software, then go to Files / Programs on the target host and click on Install on the virus file you just uploaded.

If there is not enough CPU / memory on the target, you may need to kill other tasks and programs, including disinfecting of other virii in order to install this one... It may take some time to install the virus. Complete the install from Running Software to complete the activation. Once the virus is activated, we will transfer the payment.

You are also free to use the virus for your own benefit after the mission is complete. You will see any activated virii in your Software page on the left menu. We will transfer the reward when you complete the objective.

It's weird it's telling me to get a specific virus from the public respository even though it's blatently not there (TL repos) Also the mission description is really long winded as if it's designed specifically for people with learning difficulties  14
If you really want it to be long and decriptive then i suggest adding Review details like with faction missions, that works pretty well and it keeps the mission data frames small and less ugly. It'd make sense if the virus spawned itself on the target server, or if the faction sent it to you (could self destruct in 3 days or something)

But obviously that's open to abuse (free software woo)

And finally:

We need someone to hack into an enemy server.

The system needs to be cracked in order to complete the objective.
You will have to Connect and then click on Crack admin on the host.
You may need to Run Firewall Bypass and Password Break from Files / Programs.
If the protection is too high, you will need to acquire or research a higher Firewall Bypass and Password Break.

Complete the Password Break process from the Running Software.
It usually takes a bit of time to crack... depends on the protection you have to bypass. We will transfer the reward when you complete the objective.

Also long winded, especially the "It usually takes a bit of time to crack..." it seems unnessicary and a bit n00by to be worded like that... I'd rephrase it like:

"We need someone to hack into an enemy server.
You will be paid upon completion of the crack process.

You will have to Connect to and Crack admin on the target gateway.
You will need to Run a sufficient version Firewall Bypass and Password Break from Files / Programs."

Something like that  14

Don't get me wrong however, i'm not complaining about anything, I just think some of the creases need to be ironed out, in all I think the new missions are great and will be done alot next round.  17

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:08:55 AM by Alpha-9 » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »

I agree with Alpha.  Didn't want to complain about the long missions, though.  New Missions!

<Brok Post count +1>  17

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »

+1 for better explanations

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »

If you want aesthetic changes done so dearly, remember this takes away from updates like the Stock Market etc.

Also, like Alpha's done, be more specific. I wouldn't exactly use the same words he chose, but give examples of what needs to be fixed and how you would correct it. That will make Emi's job easier and therefore giving this suggestion a better chance of implementation.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

I didn't mean those words exactly, they were an example at best, just in general some thing's seem a little weird and they're probably fast ez updates

I never said there was a rush to do them, just little things that make it look better.  confused2

Hatejacket
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »

I didn't mean those words exactly, they were an example at best, just in general some thing's seem a little weird and they're probably fast ez updates

I never said there was a rush to do them, just little things that make it look better.  confused2

Er...okay? You don't make much sense. I wasn't criticizing you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: