The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 05:17:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: anti-vius time decreased by 33%  (Read 13043 times)
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

file shares take ages to dis-infects, spyware a matter of hours.

Imho, its far easier to keep uploading spyware then it is for the file-share owner to keep checking on his virii and dis-infecting all of them.

I would be less annoyed if

Virii could be arranged by ip, so fi i disinfect a server of spyware i could collect from all of them

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

i still think that spyware needs to be of a significantly higher level to be able to inter-cept file sharing virii =/.

i mean, ones 9-10 gigs, the others 300meg or so...

Well, I'm pretty sure spyware exceeds the file share on consumed resources, and it's the only way at this time for smaller players to stop a higher player from power leveling and taking over all the bandwidth on the npc server.

Remember that if virii occupy all the bandwidth then anyone else will not be able to activate any more virii, so I think spyware because it consumes CPU and memory should be used to guard against that, and it's pretty balanced from my point of view. In the end, it will probably be a continuous war of who has the highest spyware and continuous disinfects of either the file share or the spyware...

Except that there is one problem.  File-Share will eat up available CPU and RAM before BW on some of the higher up systems I think.  Like the secret servers that are 500+BW for instance.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »

Sorry but that really is not enough.

To remove a .5 Spyware takes up CPU 750 RAM 112500

And it takes what 4+ hours to complete.

With a 700 MHZ CPU and Zero ram you can complete complete 7 200+ HPD missions.

So the pay off still is in favour of NOT doing the anti-virii missions.

After all is a person going to sit there and make 400 HPD roughly or 1400 HPD roughly???

And lets not even talk about the File-Share AV.

It may not seem like much pay, but you'll have to get rid of some virii in order to install new ones eventually.

So you have these advantages on AV missions:

- clear the way for your virii
- less competition, you know you'll get your HPD and others won't compete that much
- takes a while so it's less trouble when having more then one servers, you could have a main gateway to do missions, and one for disinfects
- and you earn HPD doing it, what more would you want  16

Well unless you make it so that only the highest version of each Virii works or to where you can't install more than 1 version of a virus on a system (which would then make it impossible for anyone other than 1 to have File-Share on each server) it does not matter how many virii are on a system unless there are no more resources left to run future ones.
Virus man that would make it horribly hard to make money. And it will cause the top players to dominate everyone else.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 04:08:37 AM »

i still think that spyware needs to be of a significantly higher level to be able to inter-cept file sharing virii =/.

Well, I'm pretty sure spyware exceeds the file share on consumed resources, and it's the only way at this time for smaller players to stop a higher player from power leveling and taking over all the bandwidth on the npc server.

Remember that if virii occupy all the bandwidth then anyone else will not be able to activate any more virii, so I think spyware because it consumes CPU and memory should be used to guard against that, and it's pretty balanced from my point of view. In the end, it will probably be a continuous war of who has the highest spyware and continuous disinfects of either the file share or the spyware...

Except that there is one problem.  File-Share will eat up available CPU and RAM before BW on some of the higher up systems I think.  Like the secret servers that are 500+BW for instance.

yes, they eat their hardware for a lot of money

then these light weight spywares come along, dont do as much, yet can intercept heavy-weight programs, not just light waeight adware...

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 05:54:24 AM »

yes, they eat their hardware for a lot of money

then these light weight spywares come along, dont do as much, yet can intercept heavy-weight programs, not just light waeight adware...
Won't be long till you start seeing server filled with spyware trying to intercept a V 1.0 file share <.<..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 06:34:16 AM »

No, because a v0.3 file share is 9.7 gigs..

a v1 file share wont fit on the bloody npc servers xD

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 06:36:49 AM »

No, because a v0.3 file share is 9.7 gigs..

a v1 file share wont fit on the bloody npc servers xD
lol =P!!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: