The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 03:14:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Poll
Question: So would you like change virii's income from a player's HPD account to a faction's HPD account?
Yes, because that would make the game more fun.
Yes, because that would give new players and old players alike a cheap way to earn income.
Yes, because that would add more missions.
No, I like the game balanced.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Virii Income Change  (Read 12119 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »

How would it kill the baron?  Right now it takes 52 hours per .1 to install a baron and 5 hours per .1 to disinfect it.

If as Glitch proposes it would make the baron easier to install and fall inline with the other virii. 

Barons would still be the preferred install method as it would take longer per .1 to disinfect.

I still think this idea deserves merit.  Especially if missions were created against the virii and the disinfect times are reduced dramatically.  In addition, removing the bandwidth being tied up by the virii it would allow others better access to hack the servers and install spyware and their own virii.

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »

How would it kill the baron?  Right now it takes 52 hours per .1 to install a baron and 5 hours per .1 to disinfect it.

Yeah and my suggestion it would be 20 hours for installation and beginning at 10 hours and decreasing since logarithmic functions are the opposite of exponential functions.

If as Glitch proposes it would make the baron easier to install and fall inline with the other virii. 

Yeah I am trying to make the income of the virii match the install times. A baron earns 1200 per hour but takes 20 hours to install. A v2 file share earns 1200 per hour and takes 20 hours to install (2/.1*1). A v40 adware earns 1200 per hour and would take 20 hours to install (40/2/.1*2).

Barons would still be the preferred install method as it would take longer per .1 to disinfect.

If you can stand the long install times you will get somewhat long disinfect times.

I still think this idea deserves merit.  Especially if missions were created against the virii and the disinfect times are reduced dramatically.  In addition, removing the bandwidth being tied up by the virii it would allow others better access to hack the servers and install spyware and their own virii.

Well I am still wondering about the AP issue. How much should it be reduced or should it be gotten rid of? I am considering getting rid of AP for virus installs and disinfects entirely.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: