The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 23, 2024, 08:51:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: LAN Scanner  (Read 7430 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »

New software type - Same percentage and use as a process tracer, simply paste in the IP and complete the processes and it'll have a % chance to find another server on the gateway's network you're scanning.

Counter ware - Scan Blocker/a new LAN scan blocker or something

Probably been suggested elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:01:54 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »

New software type - Same percentage and use as a process tracer, simply paste in the IP and complete the processes and it'll have a % chance to find another gateway on the network you're scanning.

Counter ware - Scan Blocker/a new LAN scan blocker or something

Probably been suggested elsewhere.

What do you mean by network?

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

As in another gateway owned by the same player, I say network as theyre all sort of connected to the HP system so to speak

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »

Like the IP leech?

Or are you thinking remote scan like the nmap scanner?
termul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »

If we'd have a LAN scanner that works similar to the nmap scanner then the IP dealer will be obsolete and could be removed.

Imagine this scenario: I'm looking for a particular server of a particular player, because I've seen a file that I'd like to have. How will I find the IP when there's no IP dealer ?

I could check logs on secret/public servers, but my logundeleter sucks

Do I know what virii he uses ? I could use virus identifier but little change it'll succeed and provide me an IP.
Put a spyware one of them ? Not the best option .... spyware takes long to upload and will likely be disinfected before I've had a chance to take a look at the logs

Oh wait ..... I've build up a nice number of hours on my IP Leech farm. Let's see what IP's it can come up with ......
D**n, I didn't find what I was looking for. Too bad.
On second thought ...... didn't one of the servers I leeched belong to that player too ? Let's see if I can confirm that with a few IP scans ..... BINGO !

Crack running .......

Hmmmm, nothing in the logs or tasklist that points to the server I'm looking for. What else can be done ?
Scan it with LAN scanner ! It might come up with another IP of this player, possibly the one I'm looking for ......

Wow, this almost sounds like a hacking game (instead of a moneymaking game).
Great idea I say  clapping

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:26:00 PM by termul » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »

If we'd have a LAN scanner that works similar to the nmap scanner then the IP dealer will be obsolete and could be removed.

Imagine this scenario: I'm looking for a particular server of a particular player, because I've seen a file that I'd like to have. How will I find the IP when there's no IP dealer ?

I could check logs on secret/public servers, but my logundeleter sucks

Do I know what virii he uses ? I could use virus identifier but little change it'll succeed and provide me an IP.
Put a spyware one of them ? Not the best option .... spyware takes long to upload and will likely be disinfected before I've had a chance to take a look at the logs

Oh wait ..... I've build up a nice number of hours on my IP Leech farm. Let's see what IP's it can come up with ......
D**n, I didn't find what I was looking for. Too bad.
On second thought ...... didn't one of the servers I leeched belong to that player too ? Let's see if I can confirm that with a few IP scans ..... BINGO !

Crack running .......

Hmmmm, nothing in the logs or tasklist that points to the server I'm looking for. What else can be done ?
Scan it with LAN scanner ! It might come up with another IP of this player, possibly the one I'm looking for ......

By George he's got it!  5

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »

By George he's got it!  5
Elementary my dear Watson.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »

Whoa, now, let's not do anything that would require us to actually hack instead of shell out cash.  14

Your, example still works similar to the nmap scanner: Input one IP belonging to someone to scan it and find another IP belonging to that person. Geeze, sounds like a remote scan similar to the nmap scanner's remote hardware scan feature to me.
termul

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 02:01:51 AM »

Whoa, now, let's not do anything that would require us to actually hack instead of shell out cash.  14

That was ofc the point I was trying to make. HPD seems to be the goal of this game instead of a requirement for hacking systems with stronger or increasing defences.  19

I've seen various suggestions to shift the balance a bit more to the hacking part, downgrading the IP dealer and the software dealer in particular.

Removing researched software from the software dealer will force players to hack other players to scout for software and/or research projects (replace list of best software with a list software of certain versions bases on the progress of the current round if you wish to keep the software dealer in the game somehow).
This new piece of software (http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1827.0) would be required to obtain software if it's not available for purchase anymore.

As I plotted out in my previous post the IP dealer can be replaced by the combination of IP Leech and LAN Scanner.

I'd like to add to the suggestion that a LAN scan can only be performed with an active connection to a private IP with admin rights.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:07:02 AM by termul » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »

Oh, okay, in that case, you have my support, Termul.  5
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 06:42:50 PM »

I dont think many people buy big software as its so expensive, but it is possible (As we know ;) )

The download manager could replace it, but when one server has 0 BW, it doesnt matter how much you try and download that file, that one server with that one file on it, will stil have 0 BW

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

inpossible to have 0 band but you can go to 5(25?)

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:15:22 PM »

I dont think many people buy big software as its so expensive, but it is possible (As we know ;) )

The download manager could replace it, but when one server has 0 BW, it doesnt matter how much you try and download that file, that one server with that one file on it, will stil have 0 BW

It's really cheap compared to the obscene amounts of cash that one can accumulate with only a few barons.

Emi, Triadian, and I actually decided to increase the software dealer prices to see if it would decrease its use. So far, it seems no, it's just increased demand for virii farms.

I'm still a big fan of eliminating the software dealer, except if someone sells software to it rather than every version being available on demand (and with sufficient HPD), and eradicating the IP dealer. Both would encourage actual hacking and suggestions like the LAN scanner and download manager would encourage it.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 04:03:52 AM »

I wasn't aware the software dealer was used that much, personally i'd rather save the thousand hours of baron and research it at the same time myself, as it works out cheaper

But i'm all down for getting rid of it, in fact simply getting rid of best in HP software will cause more people to research because if everyone is anythign like me

*thinks about doing research*
*sees a huge file has alreayd been researched*
*doesnt research goes IP buying*

@ Bontrose, let me change that 0 BW to 0% BW then  atention
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:04:19 AM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »

kill the virri(up/down load) and upload

i win
you lose
get over it