The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:54:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vacation mode and active Revelation  (Read 7781 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »

- a server from a player in Vacation mode that has an active Revelation virus can be cracked / accessed by players in order to disinfect the Revelation virus.
   -> Once the Revelation virus has been removed using Faith, the vacation server will go offline and will be protected from intrusion.

Other notes:

- losing connection with an active Revelation virus does not negate the virus owner. The owner still has to lose the active Rev before he can install a new one.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:07:08 PM by siremi » Logged

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

Hurray Sir Emi is back.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:21:49 AM »

Teehee Rev fix.

I told on it  12

Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

Teehee Rev fix.

I told on it  12

I told on you  13
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »

Nothing to tell  14

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »

Nothing to tell  14

okay there xtrapas
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:53:07 AM »

xtrapas is still xtrapas sometimes  14

This is why multi's should be banned ;)
I'd hit random IPs from his account because I could, just buy IPs and fire up some malware as long as they aren't the same target it's okay apparently  21

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51:30 AM »

Random target = me...

Too me that seems inappropriate.  Since it helps out you...

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »

easy way to fix=ban multis

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »

Pretty much, I use the resources available to me in order to survive.

To be honest, as long as things are within the rules we are well within my right to use them, even if it isn't morally just, but morals cannot exist in a capitalist world of competition and the only way around that would be to add these things:

If nobody has touched your servers why go to vacation mode? Just stay out and gain attack power?

My suggestions to fix this obvious problem...it is compelling that you don't see this is an obvious loophole.

- Don't let users play multiple accouts anymore. This wouldn't change much but would help. It's not realistic that one can use multiple accounts as separate entities. For one, separate entities should be completely entitled to attack whatever server they want so long as it's not at the same time, otherwise the rule is contradictive of itself considering you aren't really playing them as separate if they can't freely attack whomever.
- Add a general rule: "Vacation mode can not be abused, as it is designed for users to be able to safely go on vacation, and not to gain a sense of protection for any other reason. Any users caught using vacation mode as a loophole will have (consequence)".
- remove vacation mode.
- most people know how long they are going on vacation for. Make it so you have to input how long your account is in vacation mode for and it can not be taken out until that time passes.
- don't let vacation mode last longer than 60 days.
- have malware and baron timers reset when you go into vacation mode. File shares, adware and other virii should remain as you can't just stack these onto your own servers productively.

Of all of these, I think the last suggestion works best. Simple way to avoid the baron problem = collect before you go. Your HPD is safe when in Vac mode anyways.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 12:22:12 AM »

Funny alpha how SirEmi sent u note reminding you that you cant use multi accounts.. and how he found your ip in xtrapas
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 01:20:49 AM »

Not that I can't use them, that I can't use it to attack the same target

And what about you and HJ account sharing?  21

Hatejacket
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 01:49:50 AM »

Not that I can't use them, that I can't use it to attack the same target

And what about you and HJ account sharing?  21

Show me where I ever broke a rule of the ToS with your supposed "account sharing". Never used two accounts to attack the same target. Never performed any actions on any accounts that didnt belong to me, unlike you.

What about the test account, Alpha? We already exposed you to breaking the ToS on one occasion with xtrapas, how many more times do you want to feel the **** from the fan?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 05:49:50 AM »

Lol WTF u going on about alpha. U mean that one time ages ago when i was leaving and ask hj to login to change my ips, that's not breaking the rules alpha. But to login to another account then u use ur other account to install malware on that account is breaking the rules. Bc 2 account CAN'T interactive or be used to support one Or the other. Even thou u didn't attack alpha u broke the ToS by install malware on xtrapas servers and the login to that account
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »

lol Settle down.. I didnt install malwar eon xtrapas servers, xtrapas installed malware on xtrapas' server

But you're right, I'm not gonna bullnuts you, I did break the rules on that occassion, but thats the only time i've consciously attacked one target with both accounts... And what about the test account? The most I did was try to join groups as it obviously unsuccessfully, because one would have to be retarded to let the test account join.

Call me out on it i'm not afraid and i'm ready to accept whatever punishment SirEmi wishes to throw at me. I'd rather him actually enforce the rules because i'm sure more people are breaking them.

That was me losing respect for the game, all I can do is apologise and not do it again. But that's meaningless, either way you guys are like a pair of highschool bullies who have done nothing but make the game uncomfortable ;)

I would quit but my gold is still active, so maybe i'll play this round casually  14

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: