The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 01:29:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lachrymosa, the new guy  (Read 3780 times)
Lachrymosa

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:30:35 AM »

Well, im brand new to this game... if there is any way other than forum to speak to people, perhaps send PMs through the game or something that would be nice. Also I just read the help stuff but any pro-tips would be appreciated. :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:05:54 AM by Donn » Logged

PuRuS_40RtIs
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:49:41 AM »

Welcome Lachrymosa (does it come from the song Lacrymosa of Evanescence?). You wanted some tips;
1. Spend your HPD on hardware until you got a good gateway.
2. Do smaller and newer missions to avoid competition.
3. Dont download unnecessary things like v 0.1 stuff you allready got. All too many noobs are doing this.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Lachrymosa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:59:52 PM »

Well luckily i intuitively got this game lol, I found some basic corporation server and am now downloading a basic sweeper that I didnt have, I'm also doing a few missions at a time because sometimes the missions dissapear before im done cracking and so i move on.

PuRuS_40RtIs
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:05:50 AM »

Welcome. 1

I'm also doing a few missions at a time because sometimes the missions dissapear before im done cracking and so i move on.

Doing multiple missions at once is good. If you want to avoid wasting time on missions that get completed by others before you finish them, look at the server's process list before starting your delete/disinfect. If someone else is already doing the mission, he can finish the process earlier than you.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:12:07 AM »

Welcome. 1

I'm also doing a few missions at a time because sometimes the missions dissapear before im done cracking and so i move on.

Doing multiple missions at once is good. If you want to avoid wasting time on missions that get completed by others before you finish them, look at the server's process list before starting your delete/disinfect. If someone else is already doing the mission, he can finish the process earlier than you.
Also you can do lower paying missions to while settling in the game :] Lower paying missions are usually less competed over and are easier to complete. Also good for practice  16

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: