The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 04:28:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 4821 times)
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:15:34 AM »

Would be interesting if people could place contract on others, like  pays 350,000hpd if u delete file #00000 from (such and such) server, Money be transferred from contractor the moment the contracts made. Payed when mission completed. You could even take it as far as doing contracts to attack other players. Ip of the person "Hit Listed" would have to be discovered by the person accepting the contract.

Sorry thought it would be a interesting idea. lol
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:07:44 AM »

bounties and contracts have been mentioned before

i peronally like the idea

btw. yes bounties+contracts are two different things

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »

That's pretty neat actually, my only worry is how open to abuse it would be

IE. You could arrange between 3 people to delete each others files and duplicate them, as a way to trade HPD around

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »

Either work it so that only one contract or bounty could be placed on a player at a time and/or the HPD limit is equal to their power rating perhaps?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »

Interesting!

It could post it to a faction bulletin board like "Bounty Mission" where someone can accept it, but there should be measures in place so people within your own group cannot  21

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »

and/or place it on your own

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »

Let's not propose a private server mission board or anything silly like that now.  shifty
Hatejacket
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »

Let's not propose a private server mission board or anything silly like that now.  shifty

Ohh ohh, that would be so nice. Simply because then it'll be harder to tell what's a secret server and what's a private server :D
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »

I've thought about Group missions many times...

This could work for groups, where the leader posts jobs for the group members or just general group jobs visible to all. The funds for the mission rewards will be reserved from the group fund.

For example, a mission could be to find as many IPs of one player as you can, and post them in the mission. Then, the one that created the mission get the information, while the other gets the reward for each IP he finds...

I still have to work some loose ends, to prevent abuse and HPD transfers, but it's a good idea.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: