The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 02:18:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New Software: Remote Virus Injector  (Read 22343 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »

The "Remote Virus Injector" is a new virus.

Description: Injects an installed virus on a target host, using a compressed data link. Can also inject / copy a normal file on a remote target host.

- uses a compression algorithm to upload a virus to a host that you have admin on.
- the virus needs to be installed on another host first, and controlled via the "Software" menu.
- the command "Inject file" will launch the compressed upload task.
- the file to be injected needs to be on the same host as the Remote Virus Injector is installed on.

- the virus by default on version 0.1 occupies 2 kbs bandwidth on the host for every 0.1 version.
- when launched, the virus can inject & immediately install a virus, or just inject a non-virus file.
- the injection process can be stopped on the originating host, but not on the targeted server.
- the injection process is similar to a remote attack. In case of virii injection, the process can occupy resources on the target host until the process is complete.
- the origin server supports most of the bandwidth costs, making this a useful tool for those that want to implant malware or other virii on remote systems that have lots of resources but no bandwidth available.
- the injection algorithm will use 500% of the virus bandwidth usage to make the compressed upload.
- every 36 hours of run time adds 0.1 to the version of the next injection task
- can only inject a file every 1 hour

- software (vir and anti-vir) is available on the True Light Repository. Software dealer will only have the best versions of it.

- only the owner of the Injector virus can complete the injection process. AP costs still apply depending on virus you wish to install, and the 10 AP for the upload. Not having the AP to install it will just copy the file on the target host, and you'll have to activate it manually witch will take more time.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:04:53 PM by siremi » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:09 PM »

nice just need a bit of code for an outbox

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »

Viruses acting weird now, see your ingame PM please emi

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »

Just installed a sniffer localhost, same problem

admin [localhost] Virii file installed, #15032  V

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »

Just installed a sniffer localhost, same problem

admin [localhost] Virii file installed, #15032  V

Thanks, all the virii that missed showing the process have it now. It was a side effect bug of adding the injector, sorry.
Should work fine now.

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 04:40:17 AM »

:( I rather enjoyed having a ghost baron nobody could disinfect...
tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »

Can you add the new files to the software purchasing menu?  And also change text for IP scanner (description still says nmap scanner)

http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=software&a2=purch_soft&ver=0.5
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »

Can you add the new files to the software purchasing menu?  And also change text for IP scanner (description still says nmap scanner)

And update the research estimator for new software  17

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »

The RVI is special since it has 4 Gb on V 0.1, so you'll have to get it from Best Software dealer or from the TR Repository.

tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »

The RVI is special since it has 4 Gb on V 0.1, so you'll have to get it from Best Software dealer or from the TR Repository.

yeah, i missed that part in the announcement somehow.  Did you still change the text for the IP scanner?
termul

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »

software (vir and anti-vir) is available on the True Light Repository. Software dealer will only have the best versions of it.

Why is that ?
Hatejacket
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »

software (vir and anti-vir) is available on the True Light Repository. Software dealer will only have the best versions of it.

Why is that ?

Because the file at versions 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5 are worth more than 2500 HPD, 5000, etc. respectively, and you can't get less than 0.5 from the software dealer's "best in HP" aisle.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »

I don't see why the filesize means you can't buy a up to 0.5 version of it
Considering as soon as it goes over 0.5 it costs like a 100k...

Hatejacket
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:36 PM »

Emi should have worded that a bit differently, probably. a 0.1 file share is 3.20 GB.

The RVI is special, not only because of it's size but rather it's capabilities at version 0.1. We need to use file shares early on, so keeping them from the software dealer due to their size is ineffective. The RVI however performs a special task and can turn that 0.1 file share into a 1.0 file share fairly easily, and it will still only take up the hardware of the 0.1. That's pretty decent, and nowadays is crucial to development. Also consider that there is little to no use for a file share virus after about version 1.0, but a v10 RVI is easily the most important file in the game.

It's okay to buy the file share from the dealer because you need it to start up your account. It's not okay to buy the RVI because it's not necessary to early development, but rather to boost it. Early on if we were to all buy RVI's, the first file shares we'd all have would be huge, and newer players would never be able to catch up to us right from the get-go. Is anyone disinfecting a v4 baron? not in this lifetime. Wait until you see the first v10 barons out there.

The RVI takes up considerably more resources than the file share as well, so it becomes a challenge to research. It'll take you quite a while to get a 0.5 RVI compared to the file share, because a 0.5 RVI is much more useful and powerful than a 0.5 file share.

Also consider that you can instantly download when you buy files from the dealer. Early on it will take quite some time to download a 4gb file, and doing so won't allow you to use your bandwidth for other files at the time being.

A good chunk of that reasoning, in my opinion, is to stunt development. It's been 2 months since the round started and I'm already in the HoF for last round power wise. When the other players find out the "importance" (I'd call it overpower) of this file they'll see the reasoning. You should already know why this file can't be purchased. I think you're just trying to get under Emi's skin.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:33:29 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13:22 PM »

Emi should have worded that a bit differently, probably. a 0.1 file share is 3.20 GB.

The RVI is special, not only because of it's size but rather it's capabilities at version 0.1. We need to use file shares early on, so keeping them from the software dealer due to their size is ineffective. The RVI however performs a special task and can turn that 0.1 file share into a 1.0 file share fairly easily, and it will still only take up the hardware of the 0.1. That's pretty decent, and nowadays is crucial to development. Also consider that there is little to no use for a file share virus after about version 1.0, but a v10 RVI is easily the most important file in the game.

It's okay to buy the file share from the dealer because you need it to start up your account. It's not okay to buy the RVI because it's not necessary to early development, but rather to boost it. Early on if we were to all buy RVI's, the first file shares we'd all have would be huge, and newer players would never be able to catch up to us right from the get-go. Is anyone disinfecting a v4 baron? not in this lifetime. Wait until you see the first v10 barons out there.

The RVI takes up considerably more resources than the file share as well, so it becomes a challenge to research. It'll take you quite a while to get a 0.5 RVI compared to the file share, because a 0.5 RVI is much more useful and powerful than a 0.5 file share.

Also consider that you can instantly download when you buy files from the dealer. Early on it will take quite some time to download a 4gb file, and doing so won't allow you to use your bandwidth for other files at the time being.

A good chunk of that reasoning, in my opinion, is to stunt development. It's been 2 months since the round started and I'm already in the HoF for last round power wise. When the other players find out the "importance" (I'd call it overpower) of this file they'll see the reasoning. You should already know why this file can't be purchased. I think you're just trying to get under Emi's skin.

But it doesn't change the version...It just uploads/installs it, and as you say it takes a large amount of hardware anyway which is the price in itself, let alone installing it even at a low version early in the game would be difficult... I haven't used it much, I just didn't see the logic behind it, i understand it is powerful at a highversion, but that takes silly amounts of resources anyway, which it should.

But meh no pain in downloading it really, I need to experiment with it because I don't quite get it still. The same with the data hijack...

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: