The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 30, 2024, 01:23:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Faction Mission: Remote Malware Attack  (Read 4387 times)
Hatejacket
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »

Just thought of this as perhaps a use for Malware other than PvP. This is actually two different suggestions on the same topic, so i'll list both.

Suggestion A

New unlisted servers are spawned, just like for the other types of missions, only you are required to damage a certain amount of CPU on the host. The payments for the missions could scale as the CPU would on the server. For example:

The smallest payout available (let's say 5,000 HPD and 25 AP...malware isnt cheap to use) would require you to take out 500 CPU from the target server.

The unlisted server would have 1,550 CPU (for example yet again), and then you would have to click Complete on the mission data page to get your payout. This is intended so that multiple targets can attack the same IP, or if the server CPU is already below 1,050 when you accept the mission.

As a counter-attack, the faction running the server will spawn RAD processes on your malware attacks, which will have something like an automatic 30% longer time to complete than the malware process. If you don't complete the mission in time, the processes are disrupted. The network disconnects at a certain timeframe, like any other server.

Suggestion B coming soon, too lazy to type.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »

Just thought of this as perhaps a use for Malware other than PvP. This is actually two different suggestions on the same topic, so i'll list both.

Suggestion B coming soon, too lazy to type.

laugh

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »

It's a good idea for a new mission  1

Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »

Suggestion B

Suggestion B is more for PvP, and I think suits the story of the game a bit better.

Your Faction assings you on Malware tasks to take out a portion of their Steal Research File Mission servers. They could say the IP has leaked, and they have no other option but to remove the bandwidth of the server in an attempt to slow down any transfers that may leak their software to the other factions.

Anyone attempting to do a SRF mission could see your malware attacks and disrupt them, or even crack/hack your malware server.

It's crucial you get an AP payout in this though, because you may end up using more processes than the payout would give you anyways, and if it's an AP hole people wont do the missions.

Perhaps make this entirely an AP mission and just give like 75 per mission, 90 if completed in time? Make it so each attack rounds out to about 5 1 hour 0.5 overload attacks in order to complete the mission (50 AP used). That way if you use larger malware, your payout is increased. Reward no HPD, we already have plenty of those types of missions and none that only reward AP. Would be nice to see one that gives you a nice chunk of one instead of a bit of both.
Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

Both suggestions will teach users to use malware and the RAD, so it will be handy for newer users which I considered as much as possible. It also gives you another use for all of that malware, rather than having bombs bigger than the ones they dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also a nice AP payout. You won't be able to constantly sit there and do these types of missions though as you'll eventually run out of malware.....heh. Okay, yeah right. I won't run out of Malware  laugh
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:40:12 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

You won't be able to constantly sit there and do these types of missions though as you'll eventually run out of malware.....heh. Okay, yeah right. I won't run out of Malware  laugh
we know 10

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »

You won't be able to constantly sit there and do these types of missions though as you'll eventually run out of malware.....heh. Okay, yeah right. I won't run out of Malware  laugh
we know 10

There's the hours of 10 randomly selected malware. And I have more than 10 ;) Ready to go to war, if not for my defensive stance this round.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:37:28 AM »

Mine are about the same, couldn't not have defcon procedures in place considering last round  14

Then again i'm miles behind and am playing fairly casually.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »

Mine are about the same, couldn't not have defcon procedures in place considering last round  14

Then again i'm miles behind and am playing fairly casually.
don't need to be playing actively to build up mal time...

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: