The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 09:31:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Unlistes research 2 Fast  (Read 22331 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:43:31 PM »

V60+ software already?
I think they need to be on par with player research instead of making it pointless to research yourself  confused2

Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:39:57 AM »

Yo Alpha, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but Ginjitsu has one of the best firewall protects of all round. One of the best firewall protects of all round!
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:13:40 AM »

Firewall Protect V 62.6? 1

Nothing much higher, and that was unlisted. But still my point remains  arrow

Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »

Firewall Protect V 62.6? 1

Nothing much higher, and that was unlisted. But still my point remains  arrow

What? That everyone has access and therefore an equal opportunity to get this software? Therefore, it is in no way giving an advantage to one player over the other? So erm...what's wrong with it...Obviously we can crack v62 or we wouldn't have the software.

It's been two years and this is the first time you've been able to get software like this without researching..And you complain about it. A gift horse in the mouth, much?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 11:26:05 AM »

I've never complained about it.
I'm saying the files that are on the ftps should be in line with actual research prjects, in a few months we'll have v300's and so and you think thats normal? Seems like a bug/problem to me

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »

I've never complained about it.
I'm saying the files that are on the ftps should be in line with actual research prjects, in a few months we'll have v300's and so and you think thats normal? Seems like a bug/problem to me

Really? I see plenty of v300's; all I need to do is check the HoF. Not to mention it's only the protection software that is at such a high level, the highest i've seen of any other file is a v11 Log Deleter, and then a v7.5 file. Which is right in line with the research of the round.

So there are 2 files that are researching faster than normal, the FW and PW. Coincidentally these are files that can CONSTANTLY be overloaded and bypassed with files that aren't even close to their software level. If anything this gives a bit more balance to that, as it actually gives us a (minimal) feeling of security. It's perfectly in line if you ask me.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 04:08:23 PM »

Hm maybe you have a point, if someone can overload there breakers enough to get in that server to steal it, then that protection is nullified by default, no-one is safe  21

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

The research server password protection is on par with the player research, however it can go higher in rare occasions.

Also the research server protection is always hidden / encrypted with a certain version and not available on public FTP, so it should be rather hard to get. Think of it as another way of doing research... that is if you can overload to break it / download and decrypt it.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »

that is if you can overload to break it / download and decrypt it.

My Speciality!!!  bodyguard
Hatejacket
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:38 AM »

Mr. Decryptor over here, sheesh
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »

Mr. Decryptor over here, sheesh

WHAT??? My decrypt is only at 0%.   12
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:56:40 PM by Ginjitsu » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

Man i hate decrypt missions.

Okay i guess fair enough seeing as they arent public and are usaually encrypted and hidden, would like to see the hidden version increase more though to make it more difficult.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »

The one thing I find amusing about these missions is when you come across a say  v18 FW Prot that the server is researching and it's been protected by a v 26 FW Prot.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

Also funny how the have no research tasks running really, it's all a ruse  shifty

Hatejacket
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »

Also funny how the have no research tasks running really, it's all a ruse  shifty

What about how S&D servers have OS files to ensure they run, but no others do? :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: