The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 06:42:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In-game terminal  (Read 3801 times)
13thSlayer

The post is to the right.

View Profile Email
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:54:06 PM »

It'd be nice if we'd have a in-game bash-style terminal trough which you could do your stuff :D For instance:
ps - list active tasks
rm - delete a file
ssh - connect to a server... etc :D What do you think?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »

Erm, what?  10

13thSlayer

The post is to the right.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »

Erm, what?  10
Use Windows? Open Start, Run..., type "cmd", hit Enter. Ever saw this? That's a terminal. Well, rather, a crappy Windows mimicing of a terminal, the all-powerfull tool to interact with your PC directly :D
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »

Why not just say that then? lol
I've never heard anyone refer to it as a terminal  14

Seems pointless. After all typing that in is actually slower than just say, clicking.
I see the attraction though, after playing uplink, but still, needless.

A lot of other suggestions that are out there would be much more useful  bodyguard

And of course I know what command prompt is, I used to make batch files in school to mess with thier fail systems

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »

Obviously you have been using windows too long. Unix/Linux people use the word terminal all the time.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

Obviously you have been using windows too long. Unix/Linux people use the word terminal all the time.

Who honestly cares about those people? I'm surprised they can get internet access with that big rock they live under towering over them. Get with the times.

And honestly people, let's get some real original suggestions - just because you saw it in Slavehack, uplink, cypher, etc. doesn't mean that it needs to, or will work being here. Of course there are exceptions, but let's let HP be HP, not a mix of all other games.

I'm sure some of us who actively put suggestions out are putting suggestions out that are in other games unknowingly because they don't play them. That's fine, but like I said just because you saw it somewhere else doesn't mean it needs to be here, just because both games are hacking sims.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: