The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 11:06:43 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Virus Locker/Unlocker  (Read 5788 times)
Hatejacket
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »

A virus that locks out any processes/functionality of other viruses that are already installed. I got this idea while trying to come up with an enemy solution for my malware (Yes, I even think about what YOU'RE thinking about).

For example:

You install a huge malware farm, full of v10's. Now we all know that so long as someone can log in within half a day (which most people do at least once), they can cancel any disinfects of v10 malware, as it's got an incredibly long AV time. What if we could make it so that virus couldn't spawn any child processes?

Research a v10 "Virus Locker" or "Virus Encryptor" if it's better suited to be named that, and it runs a process (with significantly less time to complete than a disinfect of a v10 malware), and when that's finished the virii becomes Locked. It doesn't add up time, and it can't be used at all until it's unlocked.

This is very similar to the encryptor, but you can't encrypt installed viruses, and therefore the encryptor can not halt running time of a virus, etc.

This would also prevent people from loading up on malware and then coming back towards the end of the round just to knock people out of the top 10 (Which can be taken advantage of...you get a friend to sign up and install a few malware on a random public server...or even just let you install the malware on his servers, etc.) as it will lock out the time counter.

This could also be used on secret servers to thwart HPD income, by locking up the file shares/adware on there.

It shouldn't take long to lock or unlock a virus, i'd propose a formula similar to the PW break (minumum and maximum time, within an hour or two).

What you guys think?
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »

What if we could make it so that virus couldn't spawn any child processes?

A virus contraceptive, HJ?  laugh
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 03:48:50 PM »

you hush or I'll pm a moderator.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »

Sounds pretty cool, but how would it work? Would you install(/inject ;)) it on the target i assume, or some sort of remote task?
I guess that'd work as malware servers tend to have spare hardware so they can run the actual attack processes...

Ya i like it, i also assume it would lock every virus installed, or would it target a user selected type? So you could say target sniffers or spyware to disable them, but then how would they know they are disabled? By trying to use the virus and it not letting them, or so the virus has (locked) at the end of it or something?
Hmmmzilla
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:14:16 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:13:55 PM »

The way I thought of it, you'd need to be connected to the server, and then go to your Files/Programs, and select "Lock" (or Unlock if using the unlocker), choose localhost / remotehost, and a dropdown box like the password break would come up listing any installed virii on the target server. You'd then select it and a timer (5m - 60m) would count down. You then finish the task while connected to the target server and the process would then show [Locked] at the end. You'd then have to do the opposite process to unlock it. It's not really about keeping users from using their virii, more about doing things like stopping their income or attack power growth for malware as long as possible. It'd be another great PvP feature overall.

You could then spawn some type of PvP mission for it, say for example you'd need to unlock a sniffer on one of your opposing faction servers for your faction. Then an instant password change process comes up completed, and you need to change the password on the server to complete the mission. Then you could spawn anti-hacker missions the other way. For newbies, you could make it so that the anti-hacker missions don't spawn on Unlock Virus missions that spawn on public servers. Add a 700 (Public) / 1250 (Secret) base HPD payout and you've got another good source of missions.
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »

I'll be good.

Exousia's scary.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 11:26:44 PM »

well with ur ability up in av malware, times GREATLY reduced...

But sounds like a very interesting idea
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:39:43 AM »

I like it, quite alot.

+support.

And Exousia stop going offtopic before the mod ban please spam  atention

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »

I'll be good.
Exousia's scary.

Not to mention he moves the threads all around. Makes them hard to find.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »

Yeah, really taxing to put in a search or click on "Show unread posts since last visit."  14

Besides, I don't do it all that often.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:32:52 PM by Exousia » Logged
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:41:10 PM »

I'll be good.

Exousia's scary.
no, he just barks real loud.

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 03:15:30 AM »

Yeah, really taxing to put in a search or click on "Show unread posts since last visit."  14

Besides, I don't do it all that often.

That's my super secret technique! Don't tell them! 5

Hatejacket
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »

Thinking of this idea further:

Essentially what you are doing is Quarantining the file, so I don't think a new file entirely needs to be introduced, but the coding of all anti-virus software could be modified to include a "Quarantine" button:

Running gateway anti-virus program... AVPro™ Spyware Platinum V 7.00194
Select target host: localhost / remotehost

After clicking what host you'd like to start the process on, you'd see something like this:

Running gateway anti-virus program... AVPro™ Spyware Platinum V 7.00194
 Acquired target host.... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Select AV Type: disinfect / quarantine

----------------------------------------------

The quarantine should take 60m max on any virus. 75% of that time to re-integrate the virus (45m max). To re-integrate, the owner of the virus would have to go to the installed virus on the host and click the install button again, and a timer would countdown.

25 AP to quarantine a virus, 10 AP to re-integrate it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: