The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:59:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Posters  (Read 38605 times)
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »

Holy f**k. Is this game inactive? I've stopped posting for I don't know how long but d**n only three people are above me and I remember them all from my time.
At lease Sir Emi should have posted more then me. Wth?

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »

We may have some new faces doing some posting, you don't know.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »

There's two people online. You and me. That doesn't sound like activity. Although I have to admit Emi seems to have become more active because he''s a lot higher on the postlist then I remember.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »

And who the crap is Alpha-D9? Seems just as annoying as I was when I was active.

Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 11:55:14 AM »

And who the crap is Alpha-D9? Seems just as annoying as I was when I was active.

Hey baby <3
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »

Feh.... picky picky.

Emi is more active. Check out some of the changes since your retirement.  16
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »

"Yay let's return to a game I no longer play, then pregnant dog and moan at the people who are still playing, that'll work"  atention

Hatejacket
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »

"Yay let's return to a game I no longer play, then pregnant dog and moan at the people who are still playing, that'll work"  atention

It's Arthur Dent....tbh him and bontrose could be brothers
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »

Bontrose is mine and Glitch's lovechild.  17

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:13 PM »

This is the epitome of the hyperbole that Alpha and I like each other.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

I love it when you talk dirty baby.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »

Yeah, I love you too, honey.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »

Anyway, is it fun to play or am I going to get raped by bigger players within five minutes?

Namesh

Stop looking at me swan!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

Yes on all counts? Or at least a solid yes, then a tenative maybe?

I love it when you talk dirty baby.

*rocks back & forth while looking at the window and pretending like the bad men aren't around* Love the window. Love the window. Love the window *strokes the window* Love the window.

--=+Namesh+=--
Hatejacket
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »

Anyway, is it fun to play or am I going to get raped by bigger players within five minutes?

That depends Arthur, have you learned anything from the last time we all raped your servers?

- Don't talk if you can't back it up
- Don't flood the forums with spam
- Don't piss off the people above you in rank

If you can follow those 3 guidelines I'm sure you'll be fine. Just like everyone else.

We aren't trying to scare away newer members but newer members are intimidated by us. They do silly things that could be considered a "newbie mistake" and us, thinking it's someone capable of a real attack, we retaliate in such a way that you'd expect if you were an experienced user. They can follow some guidelines too, ones that don't really interfere with their playing at all:

- Don't kill our processes for no reason - I know you feel all giddy when you are attacking another user, but how long does that feeling last while you watch us delete all your stuff?
- Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk - this includes defending yourself. Now I know you all want to feel like the king of the world, #1, or you wouldn't be playing this game. But if the #1 player requests (or demands) that you switch factions, is it really worth the argument, and once again, watching all of your stuff get blown to pieces? I understand that you want to defend your own, but if you don't have the capabilities, kindly step aside and let the big boys play. Not trying to knock you, but you've still got some growing to do yourself.

We're not just going to pick random newb servers and bomb them for our fun. This is a waste of our time, malware and AP. But we will blow your **** up if you **** with us. Another few good tips:

- Don't rename your server to a top player's server. 99/100 top (gold) players will have their servers re-named, so if I for example see "Hatejacket's Dedicated Server", you instantly become a target for me. One, because it strikes my curiosity as to why someone would do that, and two (and most importantly) because you're impersonating me; Trying to shield yourself by my name alone. That's a no-no for me.
- HAVE AN IP CHANGE READY AT ALL TIMES! It takes 0.1 seconds to click 'Task Complete" and boot an enemy out of your server, rather than to wait the 60 minutes while you watch them destroy you. 500 CPU and 25000 Mem is NOTHING in comparison to how much CPU you can have bombed away by malware in 60 minutes. I can do it in 45.
- Don't pick fights with top players. It doesn't get you any respect unless you're consistently doing it, and having at least some success. It's innumerable how many players I've made quit this game because they try to act tough and soon find out they aren't. It's very rare that I'll actually stop my attacks after they've started, no matter how much you beg me to. Usually at that point I'm laughing at your pitiful attempts because you TRIED to act tough, and then you're getting put in your place. I'm not trying to pick on new players, it's the same for ANYONE: You irritate me, and I'll pounce. I'm incredibly trigger-happy and while i said I won't attack you for no reason, I can find reasons very quickly and tend to punish them very aggressively. If you're having a bad day, I don't need to hear about it, or feel the retaliation from it - and your day will only get worse, I promise.

Other than that, enjoy yourself. Like I've said to many people - I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Exousia's played this game longer than anyone here and I've never - ever - attacked his servers. I'm sure you, Arthur, can vouch for the many people who aren't here any more and won't hear the same thing said about them.

TL;DR, We can be nice, or we can be mean, it's all up to your actions. Anything in the past is forgotten about by now, so don't worry about that. You won't be treated any differently than any other player for the time being.

How's Sweden this time of year?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:18:05 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to: