The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 12:59:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IP scanner/port scanner/IP tracer  (Read 5139 times)
The_Architect

View Profile Email
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »

essentially the last program works with either of the first ones to trace a trail back to a player's computer. the first two may be used alone for gathering a list of IPs who have logged in within the last 20 minutes, providing you have sufficient log un-delters

###################

Basic Portscan program
CPU load: 100 Mhz
Memory load: 5mb
Band load: 0Kbps

Scans all IPs who have accessed this server over the last 20 minutes, then displays them in a log format, deleted logs will be automatically retrieved. time: 10min

Basic IP tracer program
Cpu load: 500 Mhz
Memory load: 20mb
Band load: 0kbps

Used in conjunction with Portscan software, used to trace all proxy connections up to a maximum of 3 nodes per software level (so its not completely cheap), ultimately tracing an IP trail through the network, very server straining.
#####################

comments and criticizm are welcomed!

"Two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity, and we're not too sure about the universe yet"
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:19:40 PM »

essentially the last program works with either of the first ones to trace a trail back to a player's computer. the first two may be used alone for gathering a list of IPs who have logged in within the last 20 minutes, providing you have sufficient log un-delters

###################

Basic Portscan program
CPU load: 100 Mhz
Memory load: 5mb
Band load: 0Kbps

Scans all IPs who have accessed this server over the last 20 minutes, then displays them in a log format, deleted logs will be automatically retrieved. time: 10min

Basic IP tracer program
Cpu load: 500 Mhz
Memory load: 20mb
Band load: 0kbps

Used in conjunction with Portscan software, used to trace all proxy connections up to a maximum of 3 nodes per software level (so its not completely cheap), ultimately tracing an IP trail through the network, very server straining.
#####################

comments and criticizm are welcomed!
For the first one, deleted logs shouldnt be counted as that will cause the undeleter to be less used that the scan.

For the second one that's for lazy people =/ I think it'll ruin the fun in tracking and cause everyone to be caught since if you are ungold which is around 75% of the game you'll be dead found by a v .2

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
The_Architect

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »

maby only one node then, and only 5 min records for the first one, how does that sound?

"Two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity, and we're not too sure about the universe yet"
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »

maby only one node then, and only 5 min records for the first one, how does that sound?
Mhmm dunno but maybe discard that idea  2

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »

fits in with the current system.

If Log deleter > software version then it wont be recovered.

Anyway, unless you watch the bulletin boards like a freaking hawk you'll still need that log undeleter for those long tracing missions...

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »

fits in with the current system.

If Log deleter > software version then it wont be recovered.

Anyway, unless you watch the bulletin boards like a freaking hawk you'll still need that log undeleter for those long tracing missions...
how about if log deleter is .2 or higher it wont be uncovered?

And also you wont need it when you have a v .5 since it'll uncover 15 logs for you..

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »

well if it wont uncover anything over .2 it wont be of much use =/

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »

i mean if the log deleter is v .2 higher than the software version

Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:21:26 AM »

'

Software is 0.3 and log deleter is 0.1
Then it'd be able to go?

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:08 AM »

'

Software is 0.3 and log deleter is 0.1
Then it'd be able to go?
huh?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: