The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 07:04:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PvP update: software and HDD overloads  (Read 15684 times)
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »

Please Sir Emi can you add a feature to sell hardware so when your hardware gets overloaded you can get rid of uneven hardware? I want this because I like for my hardware to be even and perfect like 2,000,000 CPU instead of 2,000,037 CPU...

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=2207.0

majority is yes, another ignored suggestion  21

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »

Question:  Why is there a timer on the overload?? I had one that said 37hrs til the overload was to occur and it didn't even last an hour. Either make it read 1 hr or make the overload not occur until the time listed. thank you.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »

Question:  Why is there a timer on the overload?? I had one that said 37hrs til the overload was to occur and it didn't even last an hour. Either make it read 1 hr or make the overload not occur until the time listed. thank you.

There are timers for HDD file crashes and installed virii, you won't lose it immediately you have a time to react and upgrade the hardware.
The time until you lose it depends on the file size.

It is explained in the first post.

anarkill1on1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »

Sorry to budge in but i totally agree, it wouldnt even be necessary to actually acelarate the process. If I might sugest a time limit for deleting files on owned gateway, like password brakes. something like 50,100,200 hours maybe?
500 hours to delete 300 gb seems a little too excecive, even for windows vista 1 plus it takes out all the fun in stealresearch file missions.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »

There are timers for HDD file crashes and installed virii, you won't lose it immediately you have a time to react and upgrade the hardware.
The time until you lose it depends on the file size.

It is explained in the first post.

I understand it's explained in the first post...What i'm failing to understand is that if the timer on my server says 37hrs and then i come back to it an hour later and it's gone without me making any changes...I would say that the timer is flawed and the system is not giving enough time for someone to make changes.  Thank You.

On seperate but related topic:  In regards to deletion times on owned gateways....they really need to be pumped up BIG time. Again I have a file from a steal file mission that is going to take 4000 hrs to delete....the round will be over before this file is gone. I can see making it take some time but that's insane. Can we please adjust the deletion times on owned gateways. Thank You.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

.they really need to be pumped up BIG time. Again I have a file from a steal file mission that is going to take 4000 hrs to delete....the round will be over before this file is gone.

Me and you both Cuz

5505h 22m 23s

ivandrago
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 03:01:29 AM »

If this is only about steal-research-file-missions-files then you can always make a dedicated server for this. You can format it's HDD regularly as this process takes 48 hours max
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »

It's not, I have servers with fail injected barons deleting for years... And in general big filez... SHould be capped at 168 hours on localhost delete (1 week)

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »

Nope..not just about those although I second the 168hr cap on deleting files on one's own private gateway....It's also about copying files...cause while Emi added the copy feature when it take 700 hrs to copy a file the new way as oppsed to using the BW the way we used to and it only take 54 hrs....makes a HUGE difference. But with the overload occuring the way it does. Thats a big part of the problem.
anarkill1on1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »

It's not, I have servers with fail injected barons deleting for years... And in general big filez... SHould be capped at 168 hours on localhost delete (1 week)

U got my vote
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

seconded-d-d-d

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »

Also found another problem with this....You can't inject a virii onto the same server that the RVI is on cause that also causes a BW overload.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »

Add more BW then  16

I think the idea is to stop hardware overloading as its clearly more of a bug than a game feature, bt we treated it like a feature
But it should say "Not enough BW to start Injection" type thing

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »

Oh look, files are overloading and destroying themselves even though i've added the hardware to stop them being overloaded, great.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: