The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 10:59:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Major PvP update: PvP board & hacker missions  (Read 28662 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

- fixed a few bugs with getting two primary pvp missions on same server
- encrypting / hiding will give pvp points only if the file was not encrypted / hidden before or encrypted / hidden with a lower version

- encrypting / hiding of a specific file can give pvp points only once every 24 hours
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:43:40 PM by siremi » Logged

norill

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 10:53:23 AM »

- damage hardware: 15% of HPD damage done, awarded in PvP points
i think this is way too much. when you do 100 HPD damage you get 15 PvP points which is equivalent to 525 HPD, over 5 times more. this can be exploited by friendly bombing. PvP points are in since 3 days and Alpha already has 51k which is 1,7 million HPD, while only 6 other people have more than 1k points. at the moment there is no point in doing secondary missions cos they are worth like mere 50 points

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »

Total points: 51,711

Yeah, but to be honest doing that much damage as I did to get that, should be awarded about that much  19
Trading it for HPD would be a waste for me anyway, I need AP more.

Derpaderpa
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »

Yeah not really a fan of this. A week's work down the drain because I've had multiple PRIMARY missions on me. I finally save myself from one yesterday and then, while I was asleep last night, somebody slammed my server for over 140k worth in damage. Been a nice guy avoiding removing people's viruses etc and just trying to build up my hardware, etc only to get nailed by top 10s or the 100 million power range.
ivandrago
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »

Whoever you are .... good point.
That's my main concern about this update too.
herpaderpa

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

I was already kinda down on this game cause I don't have a couple hundred bucks to throw down to buy my way into just being competitive. But with this update and the fact I'm getting shafted by those who have way more power than me, I'm pretty much at the point of **** this game. It's a nice system to kick out all the noobs and let the top 10 be the ONLY players actually playing. Course then they have to throw down less cash because there's less people to compete and the entire site dies because the 10 players left just aren't having fun waving their wads of money and malware nukes over the two or three noobs left.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »

Well as someone in the top 10...I don't wave cash around like mad....Although playing since the start of the round definately has an advantage over new players...what you should do at this point is get a good idea of the game and experiment with things til this round ends and then you can be competitive next round. 

I too have complained about dropping big game changing updates during the middle of the round but as usual it falls upon deaf ears. Just keep at it and when next round starts you'll be ok.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 07:30:35 PM »

Well it does spit out players in the top ten too, maybe power bands could be instigated

norill

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

Yeah, but to be honest doing that much damage as I did to get that, should be awarded about that much 
come on, bombing is a pleasure, it shouldnt be awarded better than hard work.

herpaderpa, in this game new players life is much easier than in other games. firstly, they dont have to research because all is already waiting to be stolen, and software = power. secondly, newbies dont get pwned by the top if they dont mess with them (with this exception of PvP missions). and when the round is over there is a new beginning for all

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »

- damage hardware: 15% of HPD damage done, awarded in PvP points
i think this is way too much. when you do 100 HPD damage you get 15 PvP points which is equivalent to 525 HPD, over 5 times more. this can be exploited by friendly bombing. PvP points are in since 3 days and Alpha already has 51k which is 1,7 million HPD, while only 6 other people have more than 1k points. at the moment there is no point in doing secondary missions cos they are worth like mere 50 points

15% of hardware damage in pvp points means for every 100 HPD destroyed you get 15 HPD in pvp points.
So that means you get 1 pvp point (35 HPD) for every 233.33 HPD destroyed.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:01:51 PM by siremi » Logged

riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »

With this new addition could the friend/enemy/neutral list also be updated to show the total PvP Points of the person?
ivandrago
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »

The most wanted list is a kinda spoiler to see who's in which faction.

Since there's no real use for this list I suggest to remove it.
Q: Is a player with higher negative standing more likely to be targetted than a player with less negative standing ?
A: You won't be more likely to get targeted, it will be the same.

Perhaps show only one table with the accumulated negative standing ?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »

Or most hated of each faction, rather than everyone

riolic

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »

- capture virus: 120, same as AP cost

Since this is such a major update, if you spot any bugs, please let me know.  14

God Speed!

+24    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, capture file  ###### IP Leech | Basic IP Leech V 0.1
Only got 24 points for a virii capture, not the 120 stated in your post.
Exousia
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »

Yes, the actual rewards seem a bit light.  21
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: