The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 04:08:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Research  (Read 5211 times)
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »

How many upgrades take a 1.0 file to a 2.0 file?  Is there a limit?  Or is 2.0 forever better than 1.0?
An upgrade is 1 hour of research, as that is the smallest unit.

I realized the problem.  It's .1 to begin.  Not 1.0.  So yeah, it's entirely straightforward.
That was not l33t of me
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:45:39 PM by ManoftheSea » Logged
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:54:30 PM »

I think the better question is how many hours of research does it take to go from 1.0 to 2.0 and so forth.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

One hour of research will increase version by 0.006

To reach 1.0 from default 0.1 will take 150 hours and about 15000 HPD

To reach 0.5 you need 6667 HPD or you can buy it at 10000 HPD from the software dealer

It depends on how fast you need the version, the software dealer charges extra but is faster then research.

You pay the HPD only when completing the research task, but be careful with long tasks others can stop the research task if your gate gets hacked and you have to start the process again, but you only pay for it when completing the task so only time will be lost in such a case.

In a linear manner, from 1.0 to 2.0 if would take 166.67 hours and another 16667 HPD.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:20:40 PM by siremi » Logged

Rogue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »

As a newb, uhmm...
when I select research on one file for say 3 hours X number of tasks: 3, it has three seperate research files going.
Now (because I don't want to use hpd to find out) will the last file be researched up to three hours? or will all three files be done only at one? 21
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:54:48 PM »

As a newb, uhmm...
when I select research on one file for say 3 hours X number of tasks: 3, it has three seperate research files going.
Now (because I don't want to use hpd to find out) will the last file be researched up to three hours? or will all three files be done only at one? 21

Lets say X is the time you choose at the form and Y the number of tasks; Every task will have X time...

Lets say you ask " 100 tasks of 50 hours " ; so it will be exactly as it is ( 100 tasks of 50 hours )

for calculation use the following formula : X*Y*0.006+Z

Z = The actual version of the file
Y = Nº of Tasks
X = Time researching at each task

Add
to MSN
Rogue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »

As a newb, uhmm...

Lets say X is the time you choose at the form and Y the number of tasks; Every task will have X time...

Lets say you ask " 100 tasks of 50 hours " ; so it will be exactly as it is ( 100 tasks of 50 hours )

for calculation use the following formula : X*Y*0.006+Z

Z = The actual version of the file
Y = Nº of Tasks
X = Time researching at each task

Okay, now I think you are playing "Confuse the noob"

so, is the answer, yes, if I select to research ONE file 3 times at 3 tasks, that the end result will be the file is researched up 3 times in one hour?
Swisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:08 PM »

If you set a file to be researched for 3 hours on 3 different tasks, you will get 9 hours of research. since each task is running for 3 hours.
Rogue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »

Ok...ty
That makes sense!
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

I hope you know this topic is over 4 months old. Please create new topics instead of reviving dead topics.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: