The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 09:32:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RVI PROBLEM  (Read 5627 times)
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »

Emi,

Hey it's been almost 2 months and you still can't inject a baron virii with RVI if the BW of the baron being injected is going to be higher than the server it's being injected from. It has something to do with your BW checking routine to check for overloads. Again as per usual another major update introduced into the middle of a round that screws people up. I'm not sure what the problem is but fix it...there has been long enough time and it's easy for someone to bomb and kill a large rev but takes forever to get back when that happens. That time is greatly cut down by being able to use the RVI to install the new baron...but still you cant. Please make this correct. Thank you.     bodyguard
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »

What, that makes sense? Just add hardware so it isn't going to be overloading, i do know what you are referring to I think though, the game does its check thing then suddenly the hardware useage has changed from what it let you start it at...yeah? :S

Exousia
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »

Can we also ban certain adbots, fix the post reporting bug I mentioned, and a few other upgrades that were discussed.

Thanks!  17
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

I am the report to moderator master  17

Exousia
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »

I am the report to moderator master  17

Yeah, but the emails used to have a link to the offending post. Now, they're just blank emails and I have to go hunting.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »

What, that makes sense? Just add hardware so it isn't going to be overloading, i do know what you are referring to I think though, the game does its check thing then suddenly the hardware useage has changed from what it let you start it at...yeah? :S

Yeah pretty much.....I start to RVI a v1 baron onto another server...the target server has all the necessary hardware to take the baron. When i start the injection the RVI does what it does and it uses about 1300 bw from the originating server to inject the virii. Then after an hour when that stupid overload subroutine starts it check the BW usage jumps up to over 14000 BW and overloads my server  which should not happen. This has been going on for over 2 months and something needs to be done about it. Again another perfect example of an update instituted in the middle of a round that screws people up.
ivandrago
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

So this is a bug ? I already wondered if this was as intended.

This must be easy for you to fix siremi .... plz ?
norill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

im not sure if this is a bug. it happens when you inject any kind of virus

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »

The bug is RVI should use less bandwidth to send viruses but when the game does its check it overrides it with the baron version's instead. It's supposed to be "using a compressed data link. " to inject

At least the "checks" for overloading should be quicker or, whenever a new process is started it checks

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: