The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 12:48:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Remote Change Gateway Password procedure  (Read 6015 times)
AriaSteelfire

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »

There are several abandoned computers in this game right now.  It isn't worth the time to upload better Password or Firewall protection because any hacker that has the IP address and admin will bypass this new protection since they already have the password to the box.

Adding a remote gateway password change will allow users to (possibly) have multiple boxes to bounce through that have admirable protection.

The owner of the hacked gateway should never need to hack his/her own box if this happens to them.
HJ®
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:19:36 AM »

Wow. Nice Idea. I like it, so long as it never had any problems to your localhost.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 12:40:46 AM »

It's good but it needs some balance stuff to make sure it's not abused.

- the sniffer infiltration virus could be used to do this, in addition to what it does (witch is not much 1)
- the remote pass change could be used from software interface when the sniffer has run for at least 24h, at witch time the timer resets to 0
- everyone but the owner loses admin, including the one that installed the sniffer

Should be fun to use on NPC servers as well as other players...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:46:30 AM by siremi » Logged

HJ®
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 01:04:27 AM »

Me like, siremi 1
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:57:12 AM »

Do add delete sniffer file missions then if they're not already here, since it'll get hell annoying if people do it on public servers etc. xD

And what's the defence against sniffers anyway? Would there be something that can prevent the pass change? It's a 30 min. process right, make it cancellable if it's done from a remotehost. (Since if it's done from localhost it'd be mean to be able to cancel and kinda defeat the current purpose of the feature wouldn't it?)

*Takes some stabs at the plan*

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »

Do add delete sniffer file missions then if they're not already here, since it'll get hell annoying if people do it on public servers etc. xD

And what's the defence against sniffers anyway? Would there be something that can prevent the pass change? It's a 30 min. process right, make it cancellable if it's done from a remotehost. (Since if it's done from localhost it'd be mean to be able to cancel and kinda defeat the current purpose of the feature wouldn't it?)

*Takes some stabs at the plan*

- Sniffer is a virus, it can be disinfected by Spyware AV
- the remote pass change can be used when the Sniffer run time on the infected host has reached 24 hours or more
- remote pass change is instant once the run time of 24h has been completed (plenty of time to identify the virus and disinfect it)
- yes there are disinfect missions for Sniffers if they start to be installed on NPC servers

Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 02:16:18 AM »

Ok I think that's fair enough, should make sure it doesn't go off balance for Sniffers being much easier than buying a new server.

/signed

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:11:51 AM »

Ok I think that's fair enough, should make sure it doesn't go off balance for Sniffers being much easier than buying a new server.

For bouncing purposes, that makes sniffers way better than owned servers. Why should I buy a 20.000 HPD proxy server if I can just grab a couple of noobs for free?

I don't object anyway, because owned servers can be used for better things than bouncing.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »

For bouncing purposes, that makes sniffers way better than owned servers. Why should I buy a 20.000 HPD proxy server if I can just grab a couple of noobs for free?

I don't object anyway, because owned servers can be used for better things than bouncing.

I would never use an owned server for bounce purposes. You can use it much more wisely, for example to disinfect viruses that take long time or other parallel tasks, you just start the disinfect and change IP so it can't be traced...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:55 AM »

I would never use an owned server for bounce purposes. You can use it much more wisely, for example to disinfect viruses that take long time or other parallel tasks, you just start the disinfect and change IP so it can't be traced...

I know that I personally use my 2nd server for 3 purposes.  Research, Storage, and to look cool for being the 1st 2nd server.

I have been thinking of picking up a 3rd server though strictly for my group to use as a proxy server since no one will be able to hack it.  Don't know though yet on that one.  It would just make things so much more fun for those trying to trace since all of us would be going through it /grin

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 03:22:11 AM »

I know that I personally use my 2nd server for 3 purposes.  Research, Storage, and to look cool for being the 1st 2nd server.

I have been thinking of picking up a 3rd server though strictly for my group to use as a proxy server since no one will be able to hack it.  Don't know though yet on that one.  It would just make things so much more fun for those trying to trace since all of us would be going through it /grin
ROFL! Oh man that would be hilarious, you see tons of deletes/disinfection/upload/download coming from one server  laugh

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 03:40:29 AM »

Yeah that's just brilliant  thumbsup

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »

genius, i have to say, bravo!......................................... arrow

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: