The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 30, 2024, 08:11:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: SGP Announcement  (Read 40338 times)
HJ®
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »

It works on all servers, therefore giving you a free PW Change every 24 hours if you keep it installed on your gateway.

It also doesn't cost AP. It's a "Loophole" at the moment, IMO. I've also been warned (and banned) to be nice on the forums, so my posts will end there.
fusionrunner

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »

Although I did upload a Sniffer to #3,I lost it within hours of activation. I had assumed it was disinfected,like most of the ones I put on the publics were. If it was stolen though,I cant claim anything beyond the original upload. I stopped putting them on Publics days ago,as they are simply a waste to resources to maintain. Any new Sniffer attacks on Public servers arent mine,and I will continue to refrain from uploads to them.

EDIT-And just to clarify Im running a v.1 Sniffer,and I have nothing to do with the v.2 going around now- But I do know who is behind it.

I stole the sniffer and used it to show that it can be as deadly as the malware to a degree while I detest the use of sniffers in the effort to control heavily used hub of bouncing and DL/ULing, I only support the use of sniffers to protect oneself and scout for new IPs to explore, I did it to prove a point no matter how maliciously aggressive it may have been. Sniffers should only be useful on secrets and private servers, as a function of IP cataloging and not of password resetting, unless it is a direct attempt at recovering from a massive hacker attack. The addition of the protects are also a show at how deadly the sniffers are when in aggressive/selfish hands, that when the protects are up and the sniffer is reseting the password, you are granting a powerful blockade against any functionality and expansion necessary for Newbs/Elites to do anything to help increase their functionality and plasticity for their type of gaming style. As it may have been, I apologize for the action taken for my temporary control of that server; I am glad that those protects have been taken down, as I was going to do so when I got back today; to show that newbs and Elites should have necessary access to the servers even if it is used for file collection, or as a bounce prerogative to go to a different server. Even as such I am also done experimenting with sniffers on all domains unless it is my own for IP scouting and protection capacity.

Again I apologize for the action done on True Light #3 as it was only a point to show how deadly this item is when using the password reset function on heavily used IPs.
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

I stole the sniffer and used it to show that it can be as deadly as the malware to a degree while I detest the use of sniffers in the effort to control heavily used hub of bouncing and DL/ULing, I only support the use of sniffers to protect oneself and scout for new IPs to explore, I did it to prove a point no matter how maliciously aggressive it may have been. Sniffers should only be useful on secrets and private servers, as a function of IP cataloging and not of password resetting, unless it is a direct attempt at recovering from a massive hacker attack. The addition of the protects are also a show at how deadly the sniffers are when in aggressive/selfish hands, that when the protects are up and the sniffer is reseting the password, you are granting a powerful blockade against any functionality and expansion necessary for Newbs/Elites to do anything to help increase their functionality and plasticity for their type of gaming style. As it may have been, I apologize for the action taken for my temporary control of that server; I am glad that those protects have been taken down, as I was going to do so when I got back today; to show that newbs and Elites should have necessary access to the servers even if it is used for file collection, or as a bounce prerogative to go to a different server. Even as such I am also done experimenting with sniffers on all domains unless it is my own for IP scouting and protection capacity.

Again I apologize for the action done on True Light #3 as it was only a point to show how deadly this item is when using the password reset function on heavily used IPs.
Umm, it wasn't particularly deadly, no one lost files, no income was lost, etc.  People were just annoyed for a little while, and that annoyance had to do with your use of a bug, rather than the actual sniffer.
What you did shouldnt've been possible according to this.

PS:  Revealing that it was you ruined my fun.  :(
fusionrunner

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

Umm, it wasn't particularly deadly, no one lost files, no income was lost, etc.  People were just annoyed for a little while, and that annoyance had to do with your use of a bug, rather than the actual sniffer.
What you did shouldnt've been possible according to this.

PS:  Revealing that it was you ruined my fun.  :(

I just wanted to make things clear, so that there would be not too much hostility towards, my action, and I never knew that it was a bug until now, that at least gave me some idea at why protects wouldn't work on secrets. I have fun ruining peoples fun when they try to track me most of the time.  16
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2008, 12:01:07 AM »

I have fun ruining peoples fun when they try to track me most of the time.  16

You misunderstand.  I knew who you were, and I was having fun being one of the few.   16
fusionrunner

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »

I have fun ruining peoples fun when they try to track me most of the time.  16

You misunderstand.  I knew who you were, and I was having fun being one of the few.   16

nice..... I feel loved....  5
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to: