The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 10:01:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Corporation stock market is now live  (Read 6810 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »

Project complete!

STOCK MARKET: a new link will be available on the left main menu, just below "Research"

- the player can purchase "Bonds" from corporations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_bond
    -> A corporate bond is a bond issued by a corporation. It is a bond that a corporation issues to raise money in order to expand its business. The buyer of the bond loans the money to the corporation and in exchange receives an interest.
   -> The bond price can change daily, thus making the investment in bonds more or less valuable.
   -> the player can cash out the bonds at any time by selling the bonds at the daily bond price
   -> bonds can be bought each day from 00:00 - 17:00 server time at the daily bond price. This is so that a player can not buy the bonds just before the interest at 00:00 and sell it immediately after.

-> interest is gained on the bonds and the interest is payed every day in the players account
   -> interest rate can change daily
   -> interest % is / year, e.g. for HPD 1,000,000 at 25% int / year => (1000000*0.25)/365 = 685 HPD each day to be deposited in the player account.

-> interest rate can differ:
      HIGHER:
      - if a corporation is low on on acquired bonds compared to other corps
      - if there is a high risk and history of lower stocks due to attacks, bond value is falling

LOWER:
      - if players purchased many bonds comparing to other corps
      - if the risk is low and this corporation bond value is rising

- market variables that can affect the bond price:
   UP:
   -> time: a random factor
    -> large buy orders
   -> missions: successfully completed missions that do good to this faction

DOWN:
   -> time: a random factor
   -> large sell orders
   -> damage to hardware of faction secret server
   -> virii used resources of faction SS
   -> losing HPD from faction via RB cash leaks, FS / Adware cash leaks
   -> information leaks due to Info Vir
   -> missions: successfully completed missions that harm this faction

- market graph: corporation bonds
    -> bonds traded / day: xxx bought, xxx sold
   -> bond price: current day bond price
   -> graph type: 10 days, 30 days, 90 days, 180 days

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:55:52 AM by siremi » Logged

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »

Looks great Sir Emi! Cannot wait until it completed! Of course I have some questions.

1. Like bonds, do these mature at some point and the principal is paid back?

2. If so, what is the par or face value of the bonds? Or what amount of HPD will I earn if they do mature?

3. Since bonds are liquid cash equivalents do they count toward your power score?

4. What are they weights or formula to determine the effect of the market variables on the bond price? For example if I complete a recover codes mission or cause 1,000,000 HPD in malware damage how much will they bond price change?

5. On large buy or sell orders, what is considered large? 1,000? 1,000,000? 100,000,000?

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 08:31:04 AM »

i hope large really means large.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:43 AM »

Good questions 1

1. Like bonds, do these mature at some point and the principal is paid back?

The bonds will have an indefinite maturity and can be sold / bought at any time.
You will gain interest each day for the bonds you hold, and the bonds value and interest rate can change with each day.
The daily interest rate / bond value will always be displayed for each corporation in the "Stock Market" screen.

2. If so, what is the par or face value of the bonds? Or what amount of HPD will I earn if they do mature?

You will gain the interest daily. Since the bonds have an indefinite maturity, you can hold them as much as you wish and sell them when you want.

3. Since bonds are liquid cash equivalents do they count toward your power score?

Yes, bonds value will count towards you power level at a rate of 0.8 HPD in bonds vs. 1 HPD cash. This value may change to 1 vs. 1 to reflect the risk if we put some updates later on to steal HPD from bonds market as you can now with leaking HPD from player accounts.

4. What are they weights or formula to determine the effect of the market variables on the bond price? For example if I complete a recover codes mission or cause 1,000,000 HPD in malware damage how much will they bond price change?

The effect depends greatly on the total value of the bonds that the corporation holds. For example, if the corp has a total bonds value of 300 million HPD and you do 1 mil HPD damage to one of it's servers, then there is a possibility that the bond of that corp may lower it's value by 1/300 per bond. However, each factor will also have a random part in it, making it react in uncertain ways.

5. On large buy or sell orders, what is considered large? 1,000? 1,000,000? 100,000,000?

Large is considered taking into account previous history of sales. There will also be a max increase / HPD value and a random variable. On the end of the day, the volume of sale orders / buy orders is calculated and matched with previous history records. If the volume is higher then average, bonds value may rise or stay the same, while if sales are higher then average, it could stay the same or lower a tiny bit.

Concatenating all the UP and DOWN factors will result in changes to the price / unit of bods for each corporation. News may also be issued in there, stating what was the major cause of change, like if you hit a corp with lots a malware and that was the main factor for the bond price change, a market news will say something like "Omnicron servers where hit today with heavy malware attacks. There are reports of massive economic losses. Omnicron CEO stated that an investigation was opened to find the attackers."

The news and events that happen with the bonds market could also spawn special missions, like an "Investigation" mission where you are sent to investigate an incident where a secret server was hit by malware and try to find out the servers / players responsible. And if you do find out, you'll get a nice pay and the mega-corp could use that info to place more bounty missions on the attackes...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:47:41 AM by siremi » Logged

OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »

So Will This Round End Pretty Quickly Once U Finish This Project. I've Only Been Playing 4 Or 5 Days Now And Im In The Top 25 Players But Most Of The Vets Have Had The Whole Round To Gain An Edge. Im Really Looking Foward To A Fresh Start....
 17 By The Way Emi I Havent Had A Chance To Speak With You Yet On The Forums But I'ld Like To Say This Seems Like A Great Game. Although The Cost Of Hardware Seems Rather High Compared To The Rewards Recieved From Missions. Seems Rather Difficult To Get Started ( Acually Its Quite Confussing At First ) But All And All Its A Very Addictive Game LMFAO.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:35 AM »

So Will This Round End Pretty Quickly Once U Finish This Project. I've Only Been Playing 4 Or 5 Days Now And Im In The Top 25 Players But Most Of The Vets Have Had The Whole Round To Gain An Edge. Im Really Looking Foward To A Fresh Start....
 17 By The Way Emi I Havent Had A Chance To Speak With You Yet On The Forums But I'ld Like To Say This Seems Like A Great Game. Although The Cost Of Hardware Seems Rather High Compared To The Rewards Recieved From Missions. Seems Rather Difficult To Get Started ( Acually Its Quite Confussing At First ) But All And All Its A Very Addictive Game LMFAO.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't type like that, my eyes bleed :(

Interesting update, looks confusing though as someone who tries to avoid most banking systems :-j

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »

Stock market update will be live tomorrow at 12:00 on schedule  17

norill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »

CET, GMT or EST?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »

Update complete. Have fun  1

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »

Will the bonds automatically sell when revelation resets?
I dont want it to reset while im offline and eat my money...

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »

yea that would be nice, ive got quite a bit invested right now
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: