The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 06:27:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Faster starting server  (Read 15310 times)
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »

these computers are better than the first one I build, it has a 286, 4mb of ram, and .5gb hdd... and we did not even have internet.

also, with these computers, we do not have to worry about the os or other programs we have running, only the hacking software, wich meens we all have the nice 1800 mhz, and the 20gb, and the really fast connections, with 8gb of ram, but we are all running vista, so we can only use 550 mhz, 2bg of storage, and 32 mb of ram...

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 05:35:33 PM »

these computers are better than the first one I build, it has a 286, 4mb of ram, and .5gb hdd... and we did not even have internet.

also, with these computers, we do not have to worry about the os or other programs we have running, only the hacking software, wich meens we all have the nice 1800 mhz, and the 20gb, and the really fast connections, with 8gb of ram, but we are all running vista, so we can only use 550 mhz, 2bg of storage, and 32 mb of ram...
Lol vista xP, but in my opinion i think the starter servers are already good enough, it can handle around 5 missions at once and only requires another 150 hpd to upgrade to be able to do 6 missions at once.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 02:35:51 AM »

It can only handle 4 or 3 missions if you have your protection up. Dont forget that.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 04:27:29 AM »

or you could run it without protectionand watch all your process's killed..

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:39:02 AM »

Not so funny if the first process to go is an 20 h download which have been running for 18 h.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »

OUCH O_O

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »

Yeah, especially at the beginning of the round it was amazing how many people didn't mount even their basic password protect. About half of the people I hacked were completely defenseless. Saves lots of cracking time...
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »

Yeah, especially at the beginning of the round it was amazing how many people didn't mount even their basic password protect. About half of the people I hacked were completely defenseless. Saves lots of cracking time...
Hehe that's freakishly true, when i started off, some meanie infected me within 1-2 hours of me joining  2

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »

i know i've taken more people because of defenses down than is reasonable, and i find it really sad to tell the truth, maybe there should be some kind of built in defense value to every server, at least until they activate a protect program

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »

i know i've taken more people because of defenses down than is reasonable, and i find it really sad to tell the truth, maybe there should be some kind of built in defense value to every server, at least until they activate a protect program
Oh! maybe a newbie protection! they cannot be attacked until they reach an amount of power.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 01:35:40 AM »

I believe he meant that the newbie cant be hacked before he sets up his defences. But that must be limited to about 1h - 1 day or people can cheat by never using the firewall/password.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 01:45:08 AM »

I believe he meant that the newbie cant be hacked before he sets up his defences. But that must be limited to about 1h - 1 day or people can cheat by never using the firewall/password.
Yeah mine was a suggestion. But that works too, maybe a 24 hour protection, or 12 would be beneficial to newbies. In my experience I was attacked within an hour I joined and before I knew it i had virii on me

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:41 PM »

after I joined it took me about an hour to even figure out that those servers on the ip list were not my servers, and that I could connect to them, at first I was going to the connect link trying to connect to some random ip, but I did not know any.. lol also took me that long to read the help guid

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »

I had problems to when I started the game. I believe that too many people have my IP because of that.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »

I had problems to when I started the game. I believe that too many people have my IP because of that.
I formatted and started fresh with a new IP when i finally figured out what to do  5

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: