The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 07:31:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Changes to IP Scanner  (Read 3624 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:04:14 AM »

Would be cool if there was an option to put 2 IP's into two separate boxes, a process would then run similar to a password break and it would tell you if the 2 IPs are in the same network. Higher version IP scanner = better chance of getting a result.
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:47 AM »

Same network or owned by same player?
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:35:41 AM »

Same network or owned by same player?

isn't that the same thing?
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »

No. The Leech virus will yield IP addresses from the same network, yielding a player IP if it is installed on a player server. It can be any player's server, not just another server owned by the player whose system hosts the virus.
Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:54 AM »

No. The Leech virus will yield IP addresses from the same network, yielding a player IP if it is installed on a player server. It can be any player's server, not just another server owned by the player whose system hosts the virus.

Oookay? And what does that have to do with my suggestion? Maybe we just have a different definition of a network.

What I mean is that yes, it would tell you if the two servers are owned by the same person. Putting in two Omnicron IPs for example, if successful, would tell you that both are in the same "network" (meaning both are omnicron servers...not that I know why anyone would do this). Putting in an Omnicron and True Light IP respectively would tell you that they are not in the same "network". Putting in two player IPs would tell you if they are owned by the same person, putting in a group IP and a player IP would come back in the same "network" if the player was in that group.. Guess I should have used different wording?
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:06:26 PM »

It is more "clear" now.  14
norill

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

i dont like this idea. it meant that you would need 2 times less scans to compare 2 servers, making researching of IPS 2 times less beneficial

Hatejacket
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:02:16 PM »

i dont like this idea. it meant that you would need 2 times less scans to compare 2 servers, making researching of IPS 2 times less beneficial

The scan wouldn't actually tell you the owner of the server, it would simply tell you if 2 servers are related to eachother.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: