The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 08:12:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: "Virus Breaker" - Capture virus tool  (Read 14220 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »

Codenamed "Virus Breaker"

- a tool to capture an active virus, taking complete control of the installed virus
- tool version decreases time to hijack the virus, but any version will be able to hijack a virus given enough time (determined by virus version / size vs. tool version)
- tool acts on active virus process to pinpoint the virus commands, not the virus file, so hider will be useless against it
- use remotely or local
- once capture process is completed, the owner of the virus losses control in favor of the new owner. Active time is reset to 0. Logs are NOT deleted and can be accessed by the new owner.

Please comment.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:04:58 AM by siremi » Logged

HJ®
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:08:10 AM »

Do it. Will make the game alot more active :P
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 01:55:27 AM »

I would say to allow this to be used only on a local host and not remote host.  If used on a remote host it will only allow others another way to gain for little risk much like the steal software option.

Also if it is allowed to be used remotely then there should be some way other than the level of the virii to slow it down or prevent it from working.  Say a Virii Mutation software to act as a counter with the level checks being made against it first to see if it can be "hijacked".

If there is nothing to counter it AND it is allowed to be used remotely then there is no balance.

Other than that it sounds interesting and if implemented I can tell you SGP will take it up to 1.0 within 48 hours ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:55:54 AM »

I would say to allow this to be used only on a local host and not remote host.  If used on a remote host it will only allow others another way to gain for little risk much like the steal software option.

Also if it is allowed to be used remotely then there should be some way other than the level of the virii to slow it down or prevent it from working.  Say a Virii Mutation software to act as a counter with the level checks being made against it first to see if it can be "hijacked".

If there is nothing to counter it AND it is allowed to be used remotely then there is no balance.

Other than that it sounds interesting and if implemented I can tell you SGP will take it up to 1.0 within 48 hours ;)
I Agree, this should only be able to be used local ( meaning your own server ) It'll be pretty irritating, and i'll get a jump on who takes my virii.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 05:00:27 AM »

Ohh hehe, i thought it was implemented I was about to download and get it to V 1+ in a day  shifty

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 05:05:33 AM »

Whoa, this is a cool idea. 1

It must be balanced carefully, though. Taking over should take a long time and I'd like to see some protection against it. Otherwise, people will just take over insanely powerful viruses and hide behind an IP change while the takeover is in progress.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 05:30:35 AM »

imho definitely overpowered.
currently everything has a counter, this needs one too. Hence i support the virus mutation software, or maybe encryption being it's counter?

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »

currently everything has a counter, this needs one too. Hence i support the virus mutation software, or maybe encryption being it's counter?

I agree, this is overpowered. Imagine high-level players taking over 0.1 version viruses of new players.  14
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:43 AM »

Mhmm since taking over someone elses upload ( uploading is a pain ) it should have two counters such as the ecrypt and virus mutation?

XRay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 06:03:11 AM »

Encrypt would fit thematically, and afaik it's currently underused anyway. So I vote for encryption to protect against virus hijacking.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 06:20:29 AM »

Encrypt would fit thematically, and afaik it's currently underused anyway. So I vote for encryption to protect against virus hijacking.
and a virus mutation( i heard it suggested ) There should be two counters for something so sinister and evil

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »

I think it's very important for balance that there will not be any counter other then find the IP and stop the process.

Balance:
- balance would be in the time it takes to capture the virus vs. the IP change cost vs. resources used to capture the virus.
- balance will also be if the former owner uses a higher capture software to take back the virus in less time

That way the one who installed the virus has to constantly protect his territory no matter how much HPD or virus version he has.
It's a means of countering viruses spreading too fast, it will give the virus owners a chance to defend their viruses.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:08:15 PM by siremi » Logged

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »

okay, here's a suggestion on the matter for balance

1: it's encrypted to all but user
2: takes time, and maybe bandwidth?
3: is downgraded by 0.1 each time it's taken over (cept basic)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »

okay, here's a suggestion on the matter for balance

1: it's encrypted to all but user
2: takes time, and maybe bandwidth?
3: is downgraded by 0.1 each time it's taken over (cept basic)
God .1? <.<

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

- can only be run from the gateway computer, for local capture or remote capture

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: