The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 12:44:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Major Suggestion: Bring Money Making Farms Back (Please Comment!)  (Read 8310 times)
Hatejacket
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »

i like this idea too. and i think there is another solution to the problem with top players controlling all secret servers - to make FS more AP consuming. noobs always have AP, and top players would need a lot of it to claim all secret servers

Time: 23253 AP

Yeah AP is not a problem dude lol
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »

Well, the main issue we had with virii farms was it generated a huge amount of HPD while unlimited virii could be installed.

Well since we now have remote malware, a consist malware bombardment would cripple any virii farm. If you make the virii target mega-corporations, then you could make missions like the Kill the Baron rewarding players for disinfecting private virii farms. Along PvP missions and the IP dealer no server can stay hidden forever. So I do not see any real danger in just making it unlimited.

So if we have unlimited virii farms, at some point the virii income becomes greater then mission income. That's where it gets too easy and you lose interest.

Well I do not lose interest because I still need to do missions for AP. I do not lose interest because I have to still keep up with everyone's software while researching better software. When was the last time we had over v1000 software?

I mean why can't we have nice things?

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Hatejacket
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

Well, the main issue we had with virii farms was it generated a huge amount of HPD while unlimited virii could be installed.

Well since we now have remote malware, a consist malware bombardment would cripple any virii farm. If you make the virii target mega-corporations, then you could make missions like the Kill the Baron rewarding players for disinfecting private virii farms. Along PvP missions and the IP dealer no server can stay hidden forever. So I do not see any real danger in just making it unlimited.

So if we have unlimited virii farms, at some point the virii income becomes greater then mission income. That's where it gets too easy and you lose interest.

Well I do not lose interest because I still need to do missions for AP. I do not lose interest because I have to still keep up with everyone's software while researching better software. When was the last time we had over v1000 software?

I mean why can't we have nice things?

I agree for once with Glitch. Back when we had virii farms, we didn't have ability points, if I recall correctly. Nor did we have AP for a good portion of that time. Missions are still crucial to getting to the top of the rankings.

The game was A LOT more fun when we could research files like that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: