The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 10:18:13 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: newbie help  (Read 9941 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »

It is also updated at the SGP forums under New World Order.

It's empty.

Not it is not.  You just failed to register.   You have to register to get into the public sections.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

Not it is not.  You just failed to register.   You have to register to get into the public sections.
How do I failed?  21

Well, I try again.

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »

or you could read the game guide..?
Just to prove that some may not read it, I found about 15 IPs in 10 minutes, just looking at True Light Repositories.

I think some does not read it at all.

Go and say to them:  rtfm

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »

or you could read the game guide..?
Just to prove that some may not read it, I found about 15 IPs in 10 minutes, just looking at True Light Repositories.

I think some does not read it at all.

Go and say to them:  rtfm

yes, yes do so

newbies, this is for you, rtfm rtfm

whoops, too many :P, made screen to big too >.>

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:39 AM »

As a newbie (several hours), there are two things that have helped me:

1) the manual
2) Noseedam's signature (I do not leave my IP...)

However, I suspect I can only last a few days before I will be begging for help, and would love to have a mentor who could help me along a little. The only online game I've played consistently for more than a few weeks at a time is the one where an experienced player reached out to me early, and guided me into the game. While that player, and a few others along the way: I'm up to 4 who I recognize as having guided me, have moved on (though I still poke 2 of them from time to time); their contact helped integrate me into the game, and I've tried to emulate them to guide others into the game.

Perhaps the Mentor program only starts after a player has done a certain amount. So you, if you signed up to be a mentor, you could count on your student having completed a few missions, having at least a but of an income stream, and perhaps a bit more. This way, you (and hopefully me too, eventually) won't have to be bothered by noobs who are likely to quit the game before a month is up.

On the other side, there should be some advantage for being a mentor. Perhaps the Mentor gets some limited access to their student's Server, while being prevented from performing hostile actions on their student. Another idea is a small benefit based on the student's progress (perhaps 1% of everything the student does, including HPD earnings, research, and gold membership). This way, there is an incentive for people who have been playing longer (even if it's 1 month right now) to help new players.

Another thing that might work is the development of clans in some form. In many games, clans (or whatever they are called) serve to provide grunt support for older players, while giving new players a hand up in the world. For this game, new players could be used to hack admin access to servers (assuming there was some way to transfer that), upgrade specific files, and place Adware, providing older players with an advantage over non-clan players. However, these clanned veterans would have to supply the newbies with some amount of resources initially, costing them in the short run.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
human

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 05:17:15 AM »

And perharps adding that user to your affiliates program when it has not one (If siremi agrees it could be added to both, mentor and linker, affiliate programs).

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 04:41:29 AM »

A mentor system sounds good, and I don't want any benefits from being a mentor. Where can I sign up?
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 05:11:38 AM »

I would sign this with addition to the IRC being promoted more as alot of top ranked players hang around there and it's a nice way to get instant answers, only problem now being with only  7 people or so on there there's only 2 or so active at a time.

/signed
and I claim scrixx, he's cool  7

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
human

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »

/signed

me too. (I know I proposed that)

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

As a newbie (several hours), there are two things that have helped me:

1) the manual
2) Noseedam's signature (I do not leave my IP...)

:P thx, it was actually somen i said to bobby, then added as signature cause it's funny

and yes, the manual is also a good thing ^^
those like you who are willing to be active and learn are the ones i decide not to hack (assuming you have the decency to talk to me in your logs :P)

and ingame me if you want a basic 0.53 protect, i found it on a secret server browsing run (beware, takes more cpu to run them than a newbie server >.> but i also have smaller ones, if you can't run them)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: