The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 06:46:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ability points  (Read 2489 times)
asdfth12

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »

You do work for factions, you gain standing. More standing gets you ability points.

You never use the points because you don't like the abilities that the faction has. You leave that faction for another one. Your standing with your previous faction is reduced to 0. But you still keep the ability points.

Now, from the game lore, im assuming that the corperations dislike each other. So, why would they allow you to use ability points that you gained while working with a enemy faction?

My suguestion is simple. Divide faction points into 5 groups. One group for each faction, and a group that can be used for any faction. You leave a faction, lose all standing, and access to whatever points you gained in that faction that you never used. You rejoin them later, you get access to the points you didn't use earlier.

The 5th group would be were the ability points you get for donating, or as a reward for voting, would go. If you don't intend on rejoining a faction, you could also convert your faction points into general points that can be used for whatever faction you wish. (Im unsure how they would convert though. I guess 2/1 ratio though)
Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »

You do work for factions, you gain standing. More standing gets you ability points.

You never use the points because you don't like the abilities that the faction has. You leave that faction for another one. Your standing with your previous faction is reduced to 0. But you still keep the ability points.

Now, from the game lore, im assuming that the corperations dislike each other. So, why would they allow you to use ability points that you gained while working with a enemy faction?

My suguestion is simple. Divide faction points into 5 groups. One group for each faction, and a group that can be used for any faction. You leave a faction, lose all standing, and access to whatever points you gained in that faction that you never used. You rejoin them later, you get access to the points you didn't use earlier.

The 5th group would be were the ability points you get for donating, or as a reward for voting, would go. If you don't intend on rejoining a faction, you could also convert your faction points into general points that can be used for whatever faction you wish. (Im unsure how they would convert though. I guess 2/1 ratio though)

Terrible idea. I have over -900,000 negative standing in one faction right now. It would take days just before I'd be able to get ability points again, and I'd essentially never leave my faction.

From someone that runs hundreds of missions per day, I'll have you know it's hard enough just to get abilities up with things how they are. Ability points should just remain ability points.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:15:05 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
AdmiringWorm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »

I don't think it is that terrible idea, but I would myself change a little.
Yes, I agree with standing points being restricted to each faction so if you change faction it would be reseted.
But the ability point I do not agree with.
The ability point is something you have "earned" and I feel that it would be wrong to be based on each faction.
An ability is after all what you have learned, not what the faction have given you (that's how I see it).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: