The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 07:40:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Challenging servers for higher users  (Read 7084 times)
Adramalech

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »

Idea that probably needs some adjustements, as it came up in like one hour,

Banking servers that have really high firewall and password (ofcourse), that (here it comes...) have
like tracking software, which defers from different bankservers, when you connect, you must hurry to crack the admin and stop the process, while the server tries to track you (you don;t know how long it takes for the server), for example, it tracks you in 15 mins, and when you're not finished yet with cracking, it disconnects from you, (all process between you and the serv will be stopped) and goes offline for 6 hours, while it changes ip and password. but when you do manage to crack it and stop the tracking process in time, there will be a reward (cash? software? suggestions?). the bank servers will change ip every 2 days, so they are harder to crack and find, (when you've found it, you just hope it doesn't change before you've cracked it).

needs some commenting and balancing, as i am a beginning ser, and don't know the world of the top 10 people  1
Comments?
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

actually, this sounds pretty good to me, and maybe see the direct connect i.p. in the public servers, and higher ones in the secret serves, and thats a good question, maybe both? or you could take either, as you7r choice, and maybe not be able to download the firewalls, would be too powerful >.<

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adramalech

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »

yeah, no downloading the passprotect&firewall, also the tracking ability shouldn't be for users,
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

yeah, no downloading the passprotect&firewall, also the tracking ability shouldn't be for users,

i agree, would let the skip too much of the joy of researching :P

Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »

It makes sense that ANY server,public or otherwise would change IPs after a security breach ( and some places even change their admin PW every 6 hours). I personally like the idea of a tracking software,ala Uplink, but I think their should be a penalty for actually getting tracked. Remote disconnect seems like a slap on the wrist,despite the server reset. Honestly,I would like to see all NPC servers using it-and issuing bounties based off those they do manage to track. As for PC use,I would think it would be okay,if used only for ONLINE targets. As it stands now,you can wait a ridiculous amount of time to pass and still be able to track someone,because the logs take way too long to dissappear. Overall,I think its a good start to a great idea.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »

delete and go through at least one ultra populated server >.>

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »

That does not help due to the proxy time stamps.   The only thing it does is make it so you have to go farther back in the logs which does not take much time once you learn how to guesstimate.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

That does not help due to the proxy time stamps.   The only thing it does is make it so you have to go farther back in the logs which does not take much time once you learn how to guesstimate.

and how many people can actually do that? and it takes time and it would take someone really dedicated to hit the next button 80 times..........

human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »

and goes offline for 6 hours, while it changes ip and password.

Better: it blocks you only for some hours. If you try to crack its password 3 times and it traces you, you are unable to connect it anymore.

You can only get the reward 1 time/account.

There should be imposible to delete riddles on the forum and in other public servers, or directly giving away that server ip adress.

Also that server should not have any logs/bounce abilities.

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »

unable to connect to it for a day! and once a day, other wise it just sucks, but yeah, i like forum idea, would make people visit more often >.<

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »

and how many people can actually do that? and it takes time and it would take someone really dedicated to hit the next button 80 times..........

Anyone can do it and you don't have to click next each time.  Only the first time.  After that you should have a rough idea of how many entries you will have to go through and then just look at your address bar.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 05:19:17 AM »

Anyone can do it and you don't have to click next each time.  Only the first time.  After that you should have a rough idea of how many entries you will have to go through and then just look at your address bar.

Right so far I didn't really think about using my address bar :') + If someone hops at 5 sec interval then waites 3 min. you've pretty much screwed the system.

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

Right so far I didn't really think about using my address bar :') + If someone hops at 5 sec interval then waites 3 min. you've pretty much screwed the system.

he has a point ^^

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: