The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 06:13:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HPD Farms - Cash Out  (Read 10937 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:58 AM »

As I was just collecting on my new virii farm I was thinking that it would really suck if someone had the ability to steal all the 'hard earned' money from me.  I know you are saying SpyWare, but you need bandwidth and harddrive space and all that.  Plus, you have to rely on the other person not noticing they've been hacked and pressing collect.

But really, how often does your server ever get infested with spyware?  They are too easy to kill, too easy to trace.

So here is my suggestion for a new program or a rewrite of Spyware:

Cash Out - Running this program against an installed virus would cause the virus to 'Collect'.  In addition, since you started the virus's collect routine the money is directed into your bank account and not the owner of the virus.

Just like a malware attack, though, the player must not change IP addresses while the Cash Out routine is being processed.  The program will take 30 minutes to complete (no matter the size of the virus being manipulated.)  Log files will be generated indicating an incoming Cash Out process, including source IP, and once completed the same.

Cashout process can be killed by owner of the system or an IP change.

Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:08:25 AM »

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying for example that you want to see a virus which you can install onto your server and then, similarly to malware, you can run remote processes on servers that have virii installed and collect on them?

If that's the case, I like the idea. The longer the file is running for, or more attack power that you use, the more hours you'd be able to collect from. I.e. having your virus at 1.0 running for 24 hours will allow you to collect on 2.4 hours of the target money making virus run time (just random numbers as an example).

A remote attack disruptor or IP change could stop the attacks.

The only problem I see here is that currently it is much too easy to get into a baron farm with kill baron missions.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of the password breaker type program (as an example).  You have a 'cash out' program on your computer then 'scans' the opponents virus.  After the set time has elapsed you now have the correct codes to transfer the accumulated unclaimed time on that virus.  You get the HPD and the counter on that virus is reset. 

No need to install it.  But while the process is running the Memory and CPU usage could be that of the target virus or some such.  You would also only able to 'cash out' virus of equal or lesser level of your program.

Just my thoughts.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »

just change a few things in the current system and spyware will be ok
more here: http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=3490.0

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »

Yeah, this is an excellent idea, I'll see what we can do  5

AdmiringWorm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »

I actually don't like this idea. The way I see it, it would be way too easy to "steal" money from other people's viruses.
This would probably turn alot of new users away.
If it could be that the time taken to collect it would be double or triple the time it would take to install the virus your stealing from, then I would agree with this suggestion.

--
If i misunderstood the suggestion, I apologies.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »

AdmiringWorm,

Generally that is the idea.  Steal money from other players.  Newbies though won't have enough of what we are after.  It's the bigger farms that would be in danger.  If you were to hit one of my farms with 15 level 5 fireshare virus you could gain 100k easily.  But go after a newbie with a bunch of .1 adware and you might get a couple hundred HPD, which do you think the player would be targetting?

Same thing with malware attacks and such.  Newbies aren't really worth it. 

Now, I can see newbies attacking each other for that couple hundred.  But that would be the point.

Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »

Well nice, another way to steal people earnings. Other than the super obvious and dangerous (FOR THE HACKER) spyware!
+Support.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »

i dont like this idea. useless things like spyware should be fixed instead of adding replacements of it

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 02:12:58 AM »

BUMP
Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14:15 AM »

BUMP

^ this
I support this stuff, spywares are outdated pre-war technology. (AKA : works when you have some luck, if not, you get your spyware killed, AND traced down to the rig you used to install it..........)
Numbers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »

BUMP

^ this
I support this stuff, spywares are outdated pre-war technology. (AKA : works when you have some luck, if not, you get your spyware killed, AND traced down to the rig you used to install it..........)

that is kind of the point, you are trying to steal from someone else there are risks involved. Also how would this work on virii with no owner? This along with a 24h ip change time would mean if you want to do well you need to play the game 24/7
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »

UPDATE EMI< BUMP
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: