The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 05:28:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Database Overload Bomb  (Read 3155 times)
HACKhalo2

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

I just thought of this when talking to WolfDoc about how he wasn't cheating (yea, I know, GNU is on a "HE CHEATED" thing, but meh, he knows I'll call him out on it if I think he is)

Anyways, with the IP database, if you get a lot of IP's in your database, it makes it easy to get IP's of someone your looking for. Now, many would argue that this is a good thing, and I agree, it'll rock to find someone when they changed their IP with one or two purchases. The problem lies in the fact that the defender has no way to prevent this, which is where this Viii comes in. A cat and mouse game in heavy favor for the cat, of sorts.

Now, the DBOB will run in the footsteps of the MOB and MLB. It's a Malware-type viii that will do damage to the targeted users IP database, effectively overloading it and causing some of the tablerows to drop, depending on time ran and version of the Malware. Now, for how utterly powerful this is, and how it can take the top placed player out of the equation fairly quickly, you can only have one active at a time.

I know this seems like a cheap blow tactic, but look at it like this: If I wanted to slow down my attacker, I would have to do something to make them need to regather themselves. This would effectively do that by both them needing to re-purchase IP's and waste time doing so.

Tell me what you think 1
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »

I still think the IP dealer should be removed completely from the game forever with extreme prejudice, maybe by means of flame thrower or nuclear weapons, but that's just me.
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

If it DB bomb only effected private ips, I'd support it.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »

thats fine, but either way hackhalo. I dont get alot of new ips, and even if i did, if i buy 200 im sure to find at least a good handful of active members, ill get them just as easy, only difference is ill have to re crack some.

But why not, if emi wants to do it i say why not...
norill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »

I still think the IP dealer should be removed completely from the game forever with extreme prejudice, maybe by means of flame thrower or nuclear weapons, but that's just me.
good solution
words
bad solution
* norill copies all his ips to a text file

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: