The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 06:48:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Additional Faction nad mission types  (Read 1816 times)
asdfth12

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »

I've said the additional mission types a few times but I've been putting some thought into having diffrient factions and well as a couple changes to how the factions themselves operate.

Additional factions would allow for abilities to be more diversified, additional mission types, and a few special features.

Additional factions would require a current faction to change its... affiliation, you could say. Game wise, its TL and Omni supporting revs (since they offer time boosts.It's a balance issue I know but still.) and Icarus and Hakuza against them.

What I'd like is for Omni to become a true 'neutral' faction. It doesn't care about Revelation. It won't have a time bonus for Rev or Faith. For balance, you would have TL and one new faction having 10% increased faith scan time and Icarus and Hakuza having 10% increased rev activation time. With this, I'd also like for a faction lock/standing penalty applied. If you have a revelation installed, you wouldn't be able to join Icarus or Hakuza. You would also get a standing penalty with these factions whenever you activate a revelation (Lets say 10k for every .1 version.) For TL and the new faction, you would recieve a standing penalty for disinfecting Revelations (20k) and would not be able to join them if you have a copy of Faith on any of your servers.

Omni wouldn't have its own special abilities. Instead, you'd be able to pick.. lets say, 4 current abilities to give a bonus to.  You'd choose 4 abilities and lets say... hmm... you would be able to pick diffrient abilities every two weeks (Or a month, idk. Whatever would be better for balance) The selected abilities would also be the ones that you could apply ability points to, besides the 'all faction' abilties.

Omni itself would have slightly diffrient missions. Instead of recover code missions, they would have obtain code missions. It's slightly more complex then regular RC missions but reletively simple. They get a server ip, and have to scan the Whatever.DAT file with a new peice of software (File Scanner. Simple name I know) to find the code and then submit the obtained code. They would have SRF and S&D missions as well as the other new mission types that I've suguested in the past. (Delete Revelation. Basically, crack into the given IP (Against TL or Newfaction) and delete the revelation virus on the server. and Delete Faith. Crack into the given ip (Against Hakuza or Icarus) and delete the Faith AV on that server.)

TL/Newfaction would also have Delete Faith missions on their faction boards and Hakuza/Icarus would have Delete Revelation on their faction boards.

I haven't thought of a faction name for the new faction or how the current ability lineup would change to incorperate it. Right now my idea is a 5% increase to TL/Newfaction for software specailties and then divide TL's current list between the two factions.  (TL would have 4 abilities and the new faction would have 4 abilities.)

Additionally, TL/NF would occasionally activate .1 Revs. Other factions would have missions out to disinfect these rev viruses, just like they have to disinfect robber barrons.

So basically, this idea is

1 New faction
1 faction change
A faction lock
Standing penaltys for activating/disinfecting Revs
4 new mission types.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:04:29 AM by asdfth12 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: